IRangeX IRX4 plus

Started by sihinch, January 11, 2021, 01:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

This is maybe a long shot but.....has anyone else got or used an iRangeX IRX4 plus 4-in-1 module?

I bought one for my Taranis X9D to use the Futaba protocol but I can't manage to update the module firmware, so my radio isn't happy.

Hoping to find some help loading the latest firmware to the 4-in-1 module.

pmackenzie

If it won't flash via Opentx, then it is probably missing the necessary bootloader.
Some have a USB port, some don't. Either way details for flashing the bootloader are on the MPM github page.

https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Multiprotocol-TX-Module/blob/master/docs/Compiling_STM32.md

A bit of a pain, but once it is done you can update the module firmware via Opentx.

But make sure you try first from Opentx.

https://www.multi-module.org/using-the-module/firmware-updates

Pat MacKenzie

Palkina

Hi Simon,

I was able to upload the firmware to the Orange receiver using the same firmware just tailored for the Spectrum radio module.

It's quite of a challenge, but once you get the boot-loader installed you have a safe way to upgrade the firmware.

I can offer to load it for you using an X9D radio adapted to perform such upgrades.

sihinch

Thanks for all the help, Gents.

It wasn't uploading via OpenTx on my Taranis, so tried to upload the Bootloader using Flash-Multi via USB but that didn't seem to work.

But then, as if by magic, after loads of failed attempts and error messages I managed to get the module to bind using FHSS in my Taranis!  ::)

So I'm not sure I managed to upload the new bootloader and I don't think I updated the firmware but it's now working! So I might just leave it as is.....

Or I might be nice to Carlos and let him try his method!  ;D

Palkina

Good to know it is working.

I could compile the firmware and load to the Taranis, and when there will be an opportunity we could meet to try to flush it with the new Firmware, hopefully without bricking it.   :D