"It's Getting Better All The Time (Can't Get Much Worse)"

Started by Michael, March 17, 2023, 01:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Flying at TEMAC update

Already established:

Flying at TEMAC is still suspended.

As most of you know, a basic RPAS (license for flying models) is required. In order to fly at TEMAC, a copy or PDF of your RPAS license must be emailed to our Secretary/treasurer.

Transport Canada rules must be adhered to (including registering model aircraft, having that registration number clearly visible on the outside of the model, keeping a flight log, etc).

TEMAC remains a MAAC affiliated club. MAAC membership is required to fly at TEMAC,  and all MAAC rules must also be adhered to.

A Safety Operating Certificate is required/pending from MAAC.

New news:

The TEMAC board has been in ongoing contact with MAAC officials, and all our required information for the SOC has been submitted. We are optimistic that we will receive the SOC soon. As soon as we have that certificate, TEMAC will be open to all members who have sent a copy or PDF of their RPAS license to our Secretary/treasurer. You must have a copy your RPAS license with you (hard or digital copy) when you fly.

As a back-up, in case MAAC has future problems preventing TEMAC members from flying at TEMAC (we are unaware of any such problems, and optimistically, don't anticipate any problems), TEMAC is acquiring separate (from MAAC) insurance for our club, our members, and director/board members. This insurance should be binding within hours (but we will re-open once TEMAC gets its SOC from MAAC). This new insurance will preclude future interruptions in activity at TEMAC. This new insurance will cost approx. $1,600. There will be no added charges to TEMAC members.

TEMAC is in a financially (relatively) secure and strong position. We recently received a donation of $5,000 from the widow of previous TEMAC member John Cocker, as a donation to the club where he enjoyed himself so much. We also received funds over the last year from models sold off, from other members who have acquired their angel wings. We anticipate some (not yet scheduled) informal funfly-barbeques, at no cost to members.

Michael

sihinch

This is great news Michael.

And what a Gentleman Dr John was. So generous.

Wingnutz

If it's any consolation, Kawartha Lakes RC Flyers where I fly and Peterborough RC Modellers where I tune in to weekly ZOOM chats are in the same position as TEMAC....except neither club has the members or resources to consider buying our own insurance. Kudos to Dr John and his widow for their generosity making TEMAC club insurance a possibility (amongst many other admirable accomplishments) and to you Michael, your executive, and all the local club executives and even the current MAAC executive for all the efforts to get our clubs and hobby through this mess.
Yes, it's a bad situation, but the efforts of many to make the best of it are appreciated, and I believe slowly making a difference. I am confident that one way or another members will soon have the opportunity to fly at their club field, insured and in compliance with all relevant policies and legislation...
as an old Jack Higgins designed for TEMAC t-shirt put it..."Keep calm...and fly electric!" ;)
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

msatin

This is really good news Michael!
For those members who have not yet sent in their RPAS certificate, please note that the PDF of the certificate is best.
If you have any questions about this, feel free to contact me through pm on the website, or email me at [email protected]
You never fail until you stop trying