Informal training- this Wednesday, August 26 5pm-8pm

Started by Frank v B, August 24, 2020, 08:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Yes, I will be there by 5 pm. 
If you want a lesson, first flight, maiden or just want to vent... drop by Rogo Field this Wednesday.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Do you give cross-wind landing instruction?  You know, where the plane is actually aligned with the runway and leaning into the wind when it touches down?!! 

Do you give winter flying instruction?!!  Do you provide free bathing suits for Jan 1 flying?? 

8)

GuyOReilly

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on August 24, 2020, 09:29:52 PM
Do you give cross-wind landing instruction?  You know, where the plane is actually aligned with the runway and leaning into the wind when it touches down?!!
@Andy Hoffer, I guess you mean cross controlled?  ::) That is what my instructor called it in the '70s...    ;)  Stabilized approach is what the new generation calls it now.  ;D

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: GuyOReilly on August 25, 2020, 09:34:26 AM
Quote from: Andy Hoffer on August 24, 2020, 09:29:52 PM
@Andy Hoffer, I guess you mean cross controlled?  ::) That is what my instructor called it in the '70s...    ;)  Stabilized approach is what the new generation calls it now.  ;D

Bonjour @GuyOReilly,
I absolutely meant cross-controlled!  I just didn't want @Frank v B to get confused.  He goes wild when I use language that is too technical or has too many syllables!  :D

Andy

GuyOReilly

@Andy Hoffer , you are correct, never use a big word when a diminutive alternative would suffice for the contemporary situation.

Mike_Kilo

@Frank v B

I will make an appearance tomorrow, if you could be so kind as to bring my wings.  :)

Thanks,
Mike K.

Frank v B

Mike,

I will bring your "wings".

Frank

ps: notice how I have ignored the Andy/Guy rants. ;D  A comment would only keep the feeding frenzy going. ;) ;)

WilliamA

Hi Frank,      I will be there.        William.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on August 25, 2020, 05:39:10 PM
Mike,

Frank

ps: notice how I have ignored the Andy/Guy rants. ;D  A comment would only keep the feeding frenzy going. ;) ;)

Bonjour @GuyOReilly ,

Pensez-vous que @Frank v B has any inkling at all as to what happens when the pressure relief valve on a pressure cooker fails to release?!! 

I wonder if we should tell him, or just let him find out based on his own empirical evidence!  :D

Votre bon ami,

André Hoffère

GuyOReilly

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on August 25, 2020, 08:20:45 PM
Quote from: Frank v B on August 25, 2020, 05:39:10 PM
Mike,

Frank

Bonjour @GuyOReilly ,

Pensez-vous que @Frank v B has any inkling at all as to what happens when the pressure relief valve on a pressure cooker fails to release?!! 

I wonder if we should tell him, or just let him find out based on his own empirical evidence!  :D

Votre bon ami,

André Hoffère

@Andy Hoffer , mon cher ami, je ne veux pas frustrer ma relation très amicale avec @Frank v B  puisqu'il m'a aidé avec la construction de mon Minimoa.   ;D  Je vais garder mes commentaires, pour le moment, concernant son manque d'intérêt aux commentaires précédant.  :-X  I look forward to discussing further the lack of interest, although I must say that I do not like to be ignored...  ;)

Andy Hoffer

Frank v B

A short but productive evening.  Mike had two training flights on the Club Apprentice and re-maidened his FliteTest wing.  William had a flight with his mini Apprentice until the ground grabbed it and gave it a shake (broken motor mount).  Gerald had a flight with his Beaver until the motor mount broke.  Peter had two flights with his large Tiger Moth.  Andy is newly into gliders with his two estate specials.  Gerald had two flights on my DG 1000 (2 meter span power glider).  Bruce had fun with his Warwing.  Mike (Kilo) came to get his "wings" pin and flew his small Archer.

Now the photos:
42- Bruce grinning while flying his Warwing.
43- William with his Mini-Apprentice.
44- Andy with his Estate Special power glider
45- Andy smiling before....telling me off.
46- Gerald prepping the Flyzone Beaver
47- Dave watching the action from his Command Chair.
48- Andy's new best friend.
51- Andy, a plane is supposed to have two of them!
52- Temac's own Scarecrow.
53- Mike Kilo with his "wings" pin.
54- the other Mike with his FliteTest wing.  Finally trimmed out after 4 short flights.

Frank

Michael

Michael