Informal training- Wednesday Sept 23, 2020, 5:00-7:30 pm

Started by Frank v B, September 20, 2020, 08:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

This may be one of the last instalments.  The sun is dropping so early
Here's hoping that new member Paul Browne can get his apprentice put together so we can maiden it.
I'll be there no matter what the weather brings our way.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on September 20, 2020, 08:49:48 PM
This may be one of the last instalments.  The sun is dropping so early
Here's hoping that new member Paul Browne can get his apprentice put together so we can maiden it.
I'll be there no matter what the weather brings our way.

Frank

The weather forecast is conveniently calling for southwest winds which will be blowing me straight from my house to the field.   This will be a great test for your resolve!!  8)

Andy

msatin

I had every intention of getting out today, but work will most likely get in the way :(
Enjoy what appears will be a fantastic afternoon
You never fail until you stop trying

GuyOReilly

Quote from: msatin on September 23, 2020, 02:14:56 PM
I had every intention of getting out today, but work will most likely get in the way :(
Enjoy what appears will be a fantastic afternoon
I have 615 days to retirement...  :o  I feel your pain...  I too wanted to go out and play...  :'(

Andy Hoffer

Hi @msatin and @GuyOReilly

I will enthusiastically play (and annoy @Frank v B ) on your behalf.  The three of us (me, myself and I) are on my way to the field.  We will have Frank cornered!!! :)

Now, repeat after me:

"Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij"

And now, slowly and with feeling,

"Scheveningen" ....
"Scheveningen" ....
"Scheveningen" ....

(see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQthvAh1Wew for help on this one.  It works.   I know this because Frank just stares in disbelief when I say it to him!!)  ;D

Andy

msatin

Great  - I can pronounce it, but have no idea what means!  ;D

But if it means "Ahhh, your brother blows bubblegum!" then I'm with 'ya
-Bugs Bunny
You never fail until you stop trying

Frank v B

What a great evening.  I counted 13 cars in the lot when we started teaching at 4:30 pm.  By then, Michael, Glenn and Dave had left.
Tonight's students were William, Mike Veit, Jan and Gerald.  Thanks to Peter P. and Oscar for jumping in and giving some flight lessons.
Royalty showed up.  Victoria brought her dad Vadim.  Another youngster, Andrew showed up with his dad.

Photo report:
92- Dave hiding his precious cargo
93- Dave started out with a FliteTest cardboard Cub.  Two years later, he has amassed his own airforce.
94- Glenn trying to hide his belongings.
95- Michael and his airforce.  Notice the bright light through his rear window.  That is divine intervention.
96- Glenn's Aircoupe with a lot more down thrust and side thrust than he started out with when he first arrived.
97- No I am not moving off the runway until I fix the nose gear!! An adult temper tantrum? ;)
98- Kenny and his leaf blower.
99- Kenny just before lift-off.
00- Dave flying, Gerald spotting Dave flying. Reminds me of the Young Frankenstein movie: "Where Dave?  There Dave" See clip below.
02- The aliens have definitely landed.  Ben flying and FPV quad.
04- another alien from ever further away.  Waaayyy beyond the black hole.
05- Vadim's P-51
07- Vadim at the end of a perfect flight
08- William had 3 flights
10- Ben showing us how to fly.
11- visitor Andrew holding my Spitfire.
12- Victoria holding her dad's P-51.

Frank

* "Where wolf?  There wolf!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Smf24hNVjM
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

I left at about 4pm. It was a fabulous day of flying; the weather was like summer!

I really like that A4 (photo DSCN2798).
Michael