Super cool Float Flying at Frenchman's Bay - Saturday, September 20th at 4:30pm!

Started by piker, September 16, 2014, 11:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Ye-Ha!  It's time for another float flying extravaganza!

This Saturday, September 20th, 4:30pm at Frenchman's Bay in Pickering.

Bring your seaplanes, a chair, and a jacket and enjoy a beautiful evening of flying by the Bay.  This time I plan to stay until AFTER dark, so we can make the best of our lighting systems and the calm end to the day.  Grab whatever lighting you can find... even glow sticks, and let's have some fun with this.  I'll bring lighting for packing up after dark.  Also bring some bug spray... just in case   :)

IMPORTANT... From now on, I'll be considering Sunday evening as a back up plan for our flying events, in case the weather turns ugly for Saturday.  So PLEASE check back here before you head out to the Bay, to see if we're still on, or if I've rescheduled.  If you can't get to a computer, call or text at 416-828-8722.

Here's a link to the two possible sites.  The one on the right is option #1, the area on the left is Option #2.  Look for my trailer when you arrive:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.8126264,-79.0902357/43.8122597,-79.0922292/@43.8118745,-79.0909578,691m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m3!4m2!1m0!1m0

sihinch

I'm afraid I'll be in Ottawa doing another half marathon.

Thanks to all those TEMAC friends who are supporting me and the charities in this run.  I truly appreciate your kindness.

frajolex

Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

imran13

At the moment, tomorrow's weather doesn't look too promising... Gusting up to 50 km/h
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Skyking

If it's Sunday I could be there but not Saturday.

Hope  it goes on at least one of the days.

Ken
Actually, I can.

piker

Ugh!  It's looking pretty ugly this weekend.  Right now would be great for float flying, but later today, the storm will roll in with winds and rain.  Chances are very slim for today. 

Let's assume there's still a possibility and I'll keep an eye on the weather.  I'll post here around 4:00 with a decision.

Hope for the best!

piker

Yep!  Windy as heck, and it ain't gonna get better... So...

Float flying for tonight, Saturday, September 20th is CANCELLED!

Let's keep an eye on the weather for tomorrow (Sunday) and see if we can get our feet wet then!

piker

As expected, it looks like another great day for BUILDING seaplanes (or in my case laying hardwood flooring).

The weather will continue to be horrible today, so float flying is CANCELLED for today (Sunday Sept. 21) too.

I'll try to arrange another float flying session in the next couple of weeks.