Frenchman's Bay Float Fly - Saturday, May 30th!

Started by piker, May 28, 2015, 04:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Hey guys!

It's time for another float fly this Saturday, May 30th at 5:00pm at Frenchman's Bay in Pickering.

The last float fly at "The Bay" was awesome!  If you weren't there, you really missed a perfect evening.  Let's hope for a repeat on Saturday, but with more people and planes!  At this time of year the water is clear of weeds and beautiful for flying.  I hope everyone can make it out!

Here's where we fly (At the parking lot as a first choice, or the pit area just a little west of the lot):

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.8164395,-79.114607/43.8127752,-79.0904383/@43.811802,-79.0921878,416m/data=!3m1!1e3

Bring your planes, bring a chair, bring a jacket and be prepared for an awesome great time  ;D

And as usual, I'll have the retrieval boat ready to go!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Robert

piker

Hey guys,

I just got back from TEMAC and even though the weather looked like it had potential we were eventually rained out of racing. 

I don't want the same thing to happen to the float fly tonight so I'm cancelling.  The weather is just too unstable to risk travelling to the Bay.

We'll try again next time!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: piker on May 30, 2015, 03:55:18 PM
Hey guys,

I just got back from TEMAC and even though the weather looked like it had potential we were eventually rained out of racing. 

I don't want the same thing to happen to the float fly tonight so I'm cancelling.  The weather is just too unstable to risk travelling to the Bay.

We'll try again next time!

That's funny!  I can't recall hearing anything from Jack about the racing being rained out today... 8)   

Andy