Tavares Pond Float Fly- Saturday, June 14th at 3:00!

Started by piker, June 10, 2014, 01:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Had a great time, despite the loss of my Möbius camera!  Lost it when I lost pitch control of my Catalina, probably due to the weight of the camera on the tail.

But the Floatmosa was amazing! Such fun.

Thanks for organizing it Robert. It's a great spot, just look.....

frajolex

What a day!! What a place!  Thanks @piker for finding this place.... it was awesome to fly there, even with such strong winds
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

Michael

Michael

gmcnic

Nice video capture, Michael.
Many thanks to Robert for organizing/rescuing and fellow pilots for making it so enjoyable.

I was speaking with our gracious host's father-in-law who said David Tavares really likes seeing his place being enjoyed by others.  Watching our flights, he commented how real the planes look and "I thought that was David returning home in his full-scale C-172" which was tied down at the end of the grass strip that flanks the eastern shore of the lake.

piker

Thank to everyone who came out to enjoy the fantastic float flying location we have at David's place.  We had a great time and flew from 3:00pm until just before 9:00.

The wind was a bit stronger than we would like, but it was steady and coming from the perfect direction for that location, so really wasn't a problem... except for when my Toledo Special got tipped over while taxiing out...(I didn't even get to fly the thing that day... Ugh!  Sorry for being so grumpy afterward, guys  :-[)

So we flew, and flew, and had a great time, as always.  It was cool to see a first flight off floats for a large Carbon Cub, and I was happy to fly my CL-215 Water Bomber again after having it in the shop for refurbishing.  The prop was off balance, so it sounded horrible, but it flew well and I'm looking forward to the next opportunity to fly it from water...

And THAT next time will be in less than two weeks, on June 26... next Thursday evening... at Frenchman's Bay.  You will probably see Colin's CL-415 water Bomber there too!

And we are scheduled for another float fly at Tavares Pond on July 12!  So get those seaplane ready.  We're having a lot of fun!

frajolex

Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

sihinch

12th July is a planned EF1 race practice, so I'm afraid I'll miss the next pond fly! Hope you have another super day. It's very Generous of Mr. Tavares to give us his grounds again.

piker

Hey Simon!  That sounds like fun too.  Will you be mounting a camera on the stab of your EF1 racer?   ;D

BTW, what time is the racing?  We'll be flying in the evening.  I bet you could fit both in!