WANTED Futaba TM-8 Module

Started by sts41, August 17, 2012, 02:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sts41

Dave D has me worried...I wouldn't want my Futaba Transmitter to spit out the Spektrum Module while I am flying  ;)

So, I am looking for a TM-8 module...I know there must be some hiding in some ones closet  ;D

Let me know

Steve

piker

I don't have what you're looking for, but I'm wondering what Dave's concern is.

Is he concerned about compatability?  I'm using a Spectrum module on my old Futaba radio and it's fine...except one thing.  MOST of the time, I get a consistant glitch of the servos (in a bunch of different planes).  It's never effected the flight, and I found a curious thing recently... that the glitching stops when I push in the bind button.  The button you're supposed to hold in while ranges testing, which means it reduces the transmitting power.

Curious...

Robert

sts41

He was Joking.....Didn't mean to turn this into a Spektrum versus Futaba discussion.  ;D

I do have concerns about using spektrum with some larger Balsa planes...Oh I know I am going to get bashed over that  :-X

And I am looking at that point where I want to stick to one technology...And I have chosen to go with Futaba...I will keep the Spektrum module for Bind and fly...But it will start to take a back seat to the TM-8, and as I get more receivers...will get phased out.

Steve

piker

I know the feeling.  I've been a dedicated Futaba user since 1979.  It's only now that, after accumulating several Spectrum Rx's while using the Spectrum module on my Futaba radio, that I've converted to Spectrum for my recent Tx purchase.

Good luck with your search, Steve.

Robert

bfeist

If you're serious about getting away from Spectrum I highly recommend FrSky. I was sceptical at first because we all need to absolutely trust our radio systems and can't get away with using anything inferior.

I have a Futaba 9C FM/PCM, and I've been running an FrSky module in it for two flying seasons now.

There's a great review of it where the rcmodelreviews guy shows how the frequency hopping works in all of the systems (including DSM2). FrSky hops the full allowed 2.4Ghz band and recovers from brownouts or lockouts faster than any other system. I have encountered ONE glitch in two seasons in 10+ airplanes and helis, and that one glitch was due to one of the RX antennas being ripped out on a previous flight.

Read the full review here. http://rcmodelreviews.com/frskyreview.shtml

Here's the video review where you can see its usage of the full band. FrSky 2.4GHz spread spectrum RC review
You can buy all FrSky stuff at Hobbyking and other Chinese retailers.

Ededge2002

I too have the Futaba9C radio and use the Spectrum module(DM8) and I even use the FP futaba module.  Never have any lock outs or crap.  dont worry.  Just because its a Futaba Fast module its not ging to save ship(lol).  Most radio RX troubles are in the set up.  Do that right and they are all about the same im my opinion.  save your cash and buy more planes!!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?