ROGO Spring cleanup this Sat a.m.! (Formerly NO Spring Cleanup...)

Started by Wingnutz, April 08, 2014, 08:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnutz

The Spring cleanup at ROGO scheduled for Saturday, April 12 has been postponed until further notice. Once spring arrives in earnest and the field dries and firms up, we'll look forward to seeing as many members as possible for Spring Cleaning 2014!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Wingnutz

Dunno if Spring's really here or not yet but forecast for Sat. looks encouraging...coolish but sunny and low wind!
We've scheduled ROGO Cleanup for this Sat, April 19 at 10... if other years are a good indicator, rubber boots, sunscreen, a shovel and maybe a model to fly would be good choices. Come on out, enjoy a coffee with other TEMACers while you help clean up ROGO.
Don't forget the Float Fly at FB in the late afternoon!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

I plan on being there!  I can bring a wheel barrow, hard rake, and shovel... and a plane or two  :)

And yes!  Plan to float flying at 4:30 too,   ;D 

Gregor77

Looking forward to it.  I will be there at 8:30-9:00 am.  :P

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

eric

imran1042

Any day at the field is a good day :)

Ededge2002

Great turn out today!  The same people seemed to come out and I feel a lot of work was done. I'm sure our executive will chime in but it was great to see the club is still going strong after "the season of Andy".  The people is why I joined TEMAC!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Frank v B

About Ed's "the season of Andy":

Thank you to all the people who came out to dig the ditches and canals to drain the field.

I would not be able to stand 3 months of Andy "BeachBalls" Hoffer extolling the virtues of float flying at a flooded Rogo field in his hip waders bought at some fly fishing store in Thornhhill. ;D   
To all you guys on the executive, watch it that he does not order a truckload of sand to add a beach to the flight line.
Andy, where do you put the asparagus and broccoli rubber bands now?... to hold up your hip waders?, keep your sunglasses from falling in the drink?  8)

Frank

Andy, sorry for being ahead of schedule.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Hi Folks:

Photos from the Field Maintenance Day have been posted in the Photo Gallery (http://temac.ca/?p=4829). 

Clearly I need to do more photos of Frank this season!!  I will do my best!   ;D

Andy

P.S.  I kind of like "Beachballs Hoffer".  They might be a bit draggy, but with a low-pitch prop, some down trim and a few extra rubber bands it shouldn't be a problem.  I'll start working on my next Pilots Meeting presenation!!  Thanks for being such a great muse Frank.

A