New Year's flying!

Started by Frank v B, December 15, 2015, 09:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

In the spirit of New Year's resolutions that last less than a day, my "friend" Mr. Hoffer and I plan to show up at the field at 10 am New Year's day for a quick flight.  I have flown every year on New Year's day for over 25 years and I don't plan to stop now.

I will be there to fly no matter what the weather brings.  Even if the flight only lasts 30 seconds.  Andy wants to spend at least 3 hours.  Optimist!! 8)

A Tim's coffee afterwards for anyone who attends. ;D

Remember to renew your MAAC beforehand if you plan to attend.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

What a great setup! 

Of course, you will also want to ensure that you have renewed your TEMAC membership!  (Thanks Frank!)

And none of this wussy "quick flight" garbage!!  We are going to do the Ice Pilots gig, and do it right.  Just drink some antifreeze and your fingers and toes will feel just fine.  Hopefully it will be appropriately cold so I can deck myself out in my full winter survival gear.  Just think layers, sort of like a fiberglass Nooner fuselage that's been crashed and reglassed a few times.  And if trudging out in the snow doesn't warm you up, you can short out a LiPo in your pocket for extra warmth!

And yes, three hours should do it, just like it does on those stinky hot sweaty summer days!"

Bring your skis!  Bring your floats! 

Cheers!

Snowballs Hoffer

bweaver

I'll give it a try.  I haven't done it once in the last 25 years, so maybe I can start a new tradition.  Sounds like down right cold fun....

piker

I would love to come out... I even asked for some extra warm clothes for Christmas...

But I can't make any promises.  Us younger guys need to consider New Years day hangovers ya know   ;D

Frank v B

Piker,

re: "Us younger guys need to consider New Years day hangovers ya know"   ;D

Sure buddy, separate yourself from our crowd. 
I am old and part of the "it's 12.01 am, happy new year and good night dear" crowd. ;D

Frank

octagon

Frank,
You make it till 12? I set my alarm for 11:30 and then get up and watch the ball drop!
Rob
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Rob,

After a while you start to realize midnight and new year's will come whether you are awake or not.
Oh, yes, I forgot, my dear wife has to wake me up from the couch at 11:59 so I can survive until 12:01 and watch the ball drop. 8)

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Yikes!  The forecast for New Year's Day is TERRIBLE - PLUS three degrees!  What's the Winter Wonderland coming to?  This climate change stuff is bad news!  I may have to wear a bathing suit! :D

Andy

bweaver

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on December 20, 2015, 03:35:29 PM
Quote from: Andy Hoffer on December 20, 2015, 11:58:22 AM
I may have to wear a bathing suit! :D

Andy

DON'T   PLEASE!

Hmm...  Frank's been talking to you, hasn't he?!  :D

Andy

Oscar

I will try and join the fun.   :D

Frank v B

That makes a grand total of 4 1/2 people.  Andy, Oscar, Bruce, myself and half of Piker (half-miler?).  I am springing for coffee afterwards.

Frank

battlestu

Ohh. Free coffee now I'm in ;)

Ps I was going to anyways  ;D
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Frank v B

Battlestu is in!  That makes 5 1/2.  Yes Greg.  Are you bringing your chaperones? (Timmie and Grace)

Yes!!!

Frank

ps: I got a Tim Card as a Christmas present at last night's dinner with our kids. I am investing it in my friends.... and Andy. ;D

Andy Hoffer

@battlestu @Frank v B @piker @Oscar @bweaver

And, of course, you've all renewed your MAAC memberships for 2016, haven't you?  Yes, of course you have!!  Silly me......
(I can hear Frank now!) ::)

Andy "the Scrooge"
Secretary-Treasurer, TEMAC