Congrats TEMAC Execs for landing the MAAC AZM!!

Started by Frank v B, August 14, 2014, 06:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

What an amazing notice from MAAC that TEMAC has been selected to host the Annual Zone Meeting.

Put me down as a volunteer for anything other than getting the donuts because half would never get there!! :D

I will make at least 5 planes available for visitors to fly if they don't have an electric airplane with them or have never flown one.  As Brad Egan knows from a visit to the field earlier this year that you cannot visit the TEMAC field and not fly.

Michael, see what you started! 8)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

gmcnic

I am there for TEMAC as well.
Including picking up Frank's half donuts... ;D

Frank v B

Graham,

re: "Including picking up Frank's half donuts".

Graham, the other half; not my half!  :D

Frank

Michael

Michael

Skyking

I can be involved.
I don't mind 1/2 donuts, I just don't want the ones with the straws still stuck in them when somebody sucked out all the filling!
Actually, I can.

frajolex

Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

Michael

Meeting Information
Date : 
October 19, 2014
Start Time :
10:00:am
Zone :
Southeast Ontario
Meeting Title :
2014 Zone L Annual Zone Meeting
Meeting Info :
Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum & Community Centre
14732 Woodbine Avenue
Gormley, ON, L0H 1G0

Directions:
Take the Hwy 404 to Aurora Road East.
Go south on Woodbine Avenue.
The Museum will be on the right shortly after you turn on Woodbine.
There is additional parking beyond the museum in the Community Park.
A path links the two.

Schedule:

9:00am access to centre for Swap Meet set up.

10:00am Swap Meet and AZM Registration begins.

12:00 noon Lunch and a presentation by representatives of TEMAC and Radio Control Flying Club of Toronto detailing the process followed to install Geotex runways. All delegates are invited to bring an electric model and try the runway at TEMAC after the meeting. TEMAC field is 15 minutes away just south of the centre.

1:00pm Zone Meeting is called to order.
3:00pm Zone meeting is adjourned, or earlier.

After Meeting:

Flying at TEMAC Rogo Field. ( electric only )
BBQ at TEMAC Rogo Field.
Michael

sihinch

What a super day yesterday!  The MAAC zone meeting was a tremendous success.

The swap meet was fab & fun, the runway presentations were entertaining, informative & very well received I thought, and the meeting went smoothly.  To top it off we had a great "fun fly" at Rogo field.

Speaking of Rogo - welcome to our new Assistant Zone Director!  Congratulations Michael.  Loved your speech & manifesto by the way - fun, fun, fun!  :D

I want to congratulate (again) and thank all those who helped & lead things - Jack, Frank, Graham, Gerald, Greg H, Timmy (?), Greg C, Robert, Andy, Fred, Michael, Bill, Andre & Jack again!  Don't think I've forgotten anyone, but sorry if I did.  Thank you all for giving up your time, and running around, tidying up, shepherding etc.

And shout out to Eric & Stephan who are going to try and organise something awesome for the hobby, and for Southern Ontario, in 2015.  Good luck!

Cheers,
Simon
:)

Frank v B

Had a great time and met a lot of nice people.  Thanks to Brad Egan for allowing us to help out at his zone meeting.  Thanks to Jack for sticking out our collective necks and delegating the hell out of the work so we all could feel we made a little contribution to a fine day.

Frank