TEMAC Funfly Sunday Aug 30- what are you bringing??

Started by Frank v B, August 23, 2015, 07:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Our annual TEMAC Funfly is this coming Sunday August 30.  Jack has ordered great weather and has probably thrown in a little side dish of wind as he has all summer.

What are you bringing? 

Will Andre L. bring his B-29 and X1?, Will Michael have his giant T-28 ready in time?, Will Bigstick make the Journey in from Guelph to show off his Skymule?, Will Simon bring his Hunter... now that the world has one fewer after yesterday's horrible accident in England?

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Wingnutz

Bringing my TEMAC builds; Norseman and Skywriter(resurrected after crash).
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

sihinch

Was a terrible, terrible crash. And quite personal for me. My Grandad worked on Hunters and lived near Shoreham. He was a volunteer on the Shoreham lifeboat. So I will bring my Hunter as a kind of tribute.

Hoping to get my Hangar 9 P-47D-1 ready also (using the parts from my crashed Blue Nose!)

imran1042

Unfortunately i'll miss the funfly this year! I'm back in Geneva and not sure when i'll be back. It was fun helping out this summer, see you guys soon hopefully :)
Any day at the field is a good day :)

sihinch

What? No! Can't believe you left without a goodbye!

It was great to see you and Ilyan.

Frank v B

Meet at Tim's at 8:30--- Gerald (the cook) and I (the set-up guy) are meeting at the Tim Horton's at Woodbine and Stouffville Road at 8:30 am Sunday morning before the funfly to top up our caffeine levels.  We plan to arrive at the field at 9 am to start setting up.
Come join us at Tim's if you are used to getting up early.... 'cause this is late in the construction business. :D ..... or if you are part of the Morning Crew.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

What a fabulous day!  Our 12th annual fun fly was simply superb.  Michael told me that he counted 50 people!

We had visitors from other clubs, visitors from the local area and great support from our members.

I will be saying a big thank you to all the local hobby shops who supported us.  They were all very, very generous.  And of course another big thank you to all our members who helped out.

I loved flying my Hunter and P-47 and hanging out with everyone.  I hope everyone had a great time. :)

imran1042

Quote from: sihinch on August 27, 2015, 06:24:56 PM
What? No! Can't believe you left without a goodbye!

It was great to see you and Ilyan.

Sorry! I didn't even know i was leaving until the day before my flight.. Hopefully i'll be back soon

Looks like the funfly turned out wonderful! It's great to see how much TEMAC is expanding
Any day at the field is a good day :)