75th Anniversary B of B Sept. 15 ...

Started by Wingnutz, September 03, 2015, 08:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

If you want we can hit the legion also as its our cruise night. They will be there and it's cheap beer. Lol.

Wingnutz

I asked Andre to bring his He-111 but I don'think he can come. Greg, what's this about cruise night and legion?
BTW, we are not alone!
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-34250794
Link is to  BBC footage shot this morning in Britain as 40 Spitfires and Hurricanes flew as part of the 75th Anniversary Tribute. Short but great stuff if you're a Warbird fan.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

sihinch

It's cheap wings night at Mustards!!! That has my vote.

battlestu

double booked tonight....almost forgot about Air Cadets tonight.

Working on getting out of work a bit early to get some shots and then off to AC....

PS eat a wing for me ;)

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Wonderful sunny autumn evening at the field tonight, spent with good friends, respecting the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain.

My Mum sent me these photos of the fly past in the UK, from her TV (literally!) recognise any of the aircraft?! Apparently Prince Harry was in one of the Spitfires.

Wingnutz

Beautiful weather and friends sharing a passion for historic model aircraft...great stuff....and, eat your hearts out all you wannabe RC Spitfire and Hurricane pilots...on my last flight, I nailed three full stop Hurricane landings on the runway centreline with no nose-overs! ;D ...as satisfying as getting my full size Rec Pilot Permit the next day! Now I can fly over ROGO in a full size 172, watch everyone yelling "Full size!" and be almost as annoying as Andy!

battlestu

Quote from: sihinch on September 15, 2015, 09:51:35 PM
Wonderful sunny autumn evening at the field tonight, spent with good friends, respecting the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain.

My Mum sent me these photos of the fly past in the UK, from her TV (literally!) recognise any of the aircraft?! Apparently Prince Harry was in one of the Spitfires.

saw a few of those at the field today.... sorry i couldn't stay and get some shots of the Spitfires in action .... just had to share one photo that turned out really well....enjoy :)

had a great time can't wait for next year!

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Oscar

I had a wonderful time tonight.  Thank you all!   Also, Bill, thank you for organizing this event. :D

Wingnutz

Glad you had fun Oscar...you're becoming quite a pilot!

sihinch

What a group!

Oscar

Thank you Roger and Greg for the photos and video footage. 

Here is the video I put together for one of our formation flight.

https://youtu.be/A4hcRH7A1Zo

I look forward for next year BoB event.

sihinch

Michael

Michael

Wingnutz

Nice job on the video Oscar! Thanks for your efforts and well done!
I too look forward to next year...and finishing my He-111 for the event.