Recent posts

Building / Construction / Re: Eclipson Pathfinder
Last post by davidk - Today at 10:05:57 AM
Quote from: GuyOReilly on Today at 09:31:20 AMLove the V-tail design!

Agreed, if it were not for the twin engines and v-tail I probably wouldn't bother.  Most Eclipson planes have a very similar fuselage and wing design, so they're not that interesting after the first one or two.  But who can pass up a v-tail?!
Building / Construction / Re: Eclipson Pathfinder
Last post by GuyOReilly - Today at 09:31:20 AM
Love the V-tail design!
Building / Construction / Eclipson Pathfinder
Last post by davidk - Today at 12:20:50 AM
Still working on the PlanePrint OV10 Bronco but may as well start printing another.

This Twin Prop V-Tail is from another good 3D Print plane company... Eclipson.  I'm not as enamoured with their designs because they use a Spiral Vase mode to produce a single wall lightweight print.  The issue is that it's a bit too delicate.  Planeprint uses a single wall but with a 6% gyroid infill which approximates a balsa feel and strength.  But, I couldn't pass up on this Twin.  It's actually an FPV platform and that's not for me but the twin props and v-tail sure look nice.  1800mm wingspan, 2 x2212 1250Kv Sunnysky motors, hand launch.  It's big and it's pretty and it's printing.
General Discussion / Re: TEMAC May 2 2024
Last post by msatin - Yesterday at 11:02:27 PM
Looks great Dave!
Last post by GuyOReilly - Yesterday at 09:42:16 PM
Members may also want to checkout the TEMAC Facebook page as I uploaded 3 videos of Alex's plane including a great landing.
Last post by Michael - Yesterday at 09:39:25 PM
Looks like you guys had a nice day!
General Discussion / TEMAC May 2 2024
Last post by davidk - Yesterday at 09:20:58 PM
Low north winds, blue skies, and warm today.  A tiny bit west at times, but so low only planes with giant foam ordnance had problems.
Kenny's brand new FMS P-47 (10 years old) had a great maiden flight.  Weight was needed in the nose and it all went well.  Then Kenny added 3 giant bombs and whatever tiny bit of wind there was push that poor plane all over the sky.  Then one fell off and Kenny had to trek to get it back.
Off came the foam and in went a 5000mAh 4S... and it flew perfectly.  The P-47 manual suggested a 2200 4S... no chance.

I re-maidened my PlanePrint 3D printed Super Tucano.  On its first flight last year it took off like a dream and flew beautifully.  The landing saw one main gear twist, a wing dug in, both wings broke at the seams and the whole nose section came off.  The landing gear on printed planes needs to be beefed up.  I glued everything back together and used threaded inserts on newly printed main gear.  These are solid.  I was walking the plane down to the main floor this morning and, as usual, wacked the elevator on the banister.  Of course, the entire tail cracked off.  PLA is not a good material for planes.  I glue it back on, taped it, and tried not to wrack it up any more getting it to the field.

It flies so well.  Smooth take off, a dream in the air, and it survived both flights and landings... no repairs.  So happy to take it home in one piece.

Trading Post / Re: Lot 7- ESC collection- new...
Last post by Frank v B - May 01, 2024, 10:32:30 PM
Thank you Jan.

F.
Trading Post / Re: Lot 7- ESC collection- new...
Last post by Jan - May 01, 2024, 07:59:56 PM
$32
Trading Post / Re: Downsizing my Airforce
Last post by PDS - May 01, 2024, 02:19:56 PM
Hello Jim,
What price would you consider?  I don't know the value and don't want to guess at a price.

Paul S.