EMFSO

Started by Bigstik, November 23, 2012, 07:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigstik

Just tried to log onto the EMFSO website. Surprise not available! is this just new? I was looking for the info regarding the Schneider Cup Racers. In particular the size/scale of the models.

Anyone help?

Bigstik
Bigstik

piker

Hey Alan,

I don't know what's up with the EMFSO site.  It's doesn't seem to be working.  Maybe they're doing some maintenance.

But I'm glad to see you're interested in the Schneider racing, and therefore, float flying.  There's been no activity regarding the Schneider racing in quite a while.  There was quite a bit of enthusiasm when we first developed the concept, but the lack of decent float flying weather during the Kingston fun fly a few years in a row killed it.  However, I know Glenn, Martin, myself, and I think Keith Shaw have racers ready to go.

AND, we have a renewed enthusiasm for float flying, in a big way, developing in TEMAC.  Late this past summer I got my trailer lid boat working and started float flying at Frenchman's Bay again.  At the end of the year I made a connection with a great guy at another location that we'll be using for float flying next summer, and I'm hoping some other locations will become available.  So I'm glad to hear when people like yourself are interested in float flying  :)

To answer your question... there was no specific scale in mind as it was just meant to be a casual float flying get together (not a race) based on the Schneider theme.  Generally, the idea was to quickly build semi scale or easy scale (not too much detail) racers in the 3 cell power size, perhaps out of foam or whatever material you preferred.  My Macchi M-33 is a bit bigger than really intended because I had the plans and it was a build I had wanted to do for a long time.  Planes in the 48" span range was more along the lines of what we wanted to do.  Glenn's Supermarine S4 and Martin's Macchi MC72 are the size we had in mind.

Perhaps with the opportunity for more float flying we can rekindle the enthusiasm for the Schneider theme.  They sure do make for cool airplanes!

Let me know what other questions you have.

Robert

Ededge2002

EMXXX is down because they dont have the super website guy we do!  LOL
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Bigstik

Thanks Rob for the info. I still have the Fiat 3 view. A 2"-1' (1/6) would give a wspan of 42". I'm considering building it over the winter.
I'm looking for a place to fly off water here in the Guelph/Cambridge area but not much luck so far. I have a Pulse 25E on floats, and an Icon A5. The Icon flys great of snow and wet grass. Haven't tried Pam yet!

Matlow
Bigstik