Website disruption

Started by bfeist, November 28, 2012, 10:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

Hi everyone,
Unfortunately our ISP who you may remember, recently moved our site to a new server, made a mistake of some sort causing our forum database to be reset back to Nov 23. I've spent the past two days working with them to try to recover the lost messages but they seem to be unrecoverable.

My apologies for this. I will start to take nightly backups of the database for the next while until things stabilize, just in case.

Ben

piker

No problem!  We'll just have to chat more to make up for it.

Thanks for your continued efforts to keep our happy environment functioning and active.   ;D

Robert

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

thehaze

Yay! I was getting desperate. Last night I actually had to talk with my family. The horror...

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

I'm going to have to do nothing Thursday and Friday at work to level the productivity for the week.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

piker

So let's see a bunch of build threads based on all the model building productivity that was accomplished over the past couple of days.  Ben said we had no excuse with the forum being down.

Robert

thehaze

Does searching the internet for new and interesting models count as building? If so, I did a lot of building.

Also I read a really good build thread on RCG. I think with the time I invested in reading it, I sort of built that model by proxy as well.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

piker

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

Michael

Michael

Wingnutz

No classic languages response from me, but really glad the website's back! Thanks!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

sihinch

Thanks again to Ben for sorting all our web issues again!  He's a diamond geezer!

Anyway, whilst it was down, this is what I was up to.....

Adding transfers to my Sea Harrier, building the wings of my Skywing MXS and finishing my Sapac Typhoon (that has been in the box for 18 months!)

battlestu

took a wee break from the Cub and assembled a Sbach

sihinch

Looks great - we can do formation aerobatics now with our Sbachs, Greg!  ;D

Ededge2002

That sbach looks great. Such an attractive airplane. What's the specs on this one? 
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

battlestu

Ed here are the specs

Specifications:
Wingspan: 1250mm
Overall Length: 1235mm
Battery: 14.8V 2200mAh Li-Po
ESC: 50A
Motor: BM3715A-KV900 Brushless Outrunner
Prop: 13x7
Flying Weight: 1450g (51.02oz)

got it on SN hobbies black Friday sale:
http://www.snhobbies.com/product_info.php?products_id=4321&osCsid=63d2147a57d3cd81f3b86206f42c0f98

BTW Simon... sounds like fun!