Website disruption

Started by bfeist, November 28, 2012, 10:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Gregor77

I just grabbed some more planes.. with all the black friday sales going on....

Ededge2002

Well everyone is showing what they did well the website was down I figured I would show what I made. 
I made this bag to protect my glider wing durring transport and storage.  Its discounted fabric and some carpet underpad with two zippers.  Think I have $25 tied up in it! 

Oh and if this electronics thing I do for work now ever falls through I could become a seamstress!!!   
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

bfeist

Nice wing bag Ed. Though I should point out that Murphy's law frowns on such efforts.

Ededge2002

I think I've covered Murphy. I figured adding 4" to the wing size would be enough additional wiggle room....  With the seams on the inside I had no room so I had to pull the threads out of the ends and do them over. 

sihinch

Ed - are you really talking about seams and threads? What's happened to you, man?

thehaze

Wait for him to show us the sweet radio cosy that he's knitting.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

Quote from: thehaze on November 29, 2012, 06:09:54 PM
Wait for him to show us the sweet radio cosy that he's knitting.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

and yes Simon I designed the thing in my mind and woke from a dream with all the answers!!  I think the more Im prevented from flying with all the crap weather the more...  sorry have to run the cupcakes are ready!!

pmackenzie

FWIW, Snowboard bags make great glider carriers.
Find them on ebay for ~$60.

Ededge2002

Yes Pat!  This is the season to find them too.  I purchased a padded bag at sportcheck but wanted to have the wing in a seperate compartment like the real glider bags have then I could pack more than one model into the bag.

I had an opportunity to fly with Gerhard the COGG president last week and look forward to more exposure to thermal flying!

pmackenzie

I think the bags we have are designed to hold 2 snow boards, there is a padded divider. Wings go in one side, fuse on the other.
But even in the bag having additional padding on the flying surfaces can keep the hanger rash down.

We also remove all the stuff for the wheels- makes the bag a lot lighter.

Spring is a good time to look for them - places clearing out stock.

Pat MacKenzie

Ededge2002

Mine is a padded ski bag.  I had a hard time finding a snowboard bag that would fit a 72"(1.83m) wing and settled on the ski bag as the Enigma wing is one piece.

sihinch

How about a new handbag Ed? ;D

Ededge2002

Oooooooh!  That is a nice one Simon!   Did they have two so we could have matching ones?