Not Really That Excited!

Started by Gregor77, May 27, 2013, 08:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

Not sure if it is me or the weather, I find that lots of the products that are coming out via ARF are not that exciting.  Is it that the manufacturers are tapped out or are they just build the same old stuff over and over again.

Like I would have been all over the new Parkzone FW190-A8, but I am not that into it.
E-Flite came out with a 450 cub, boring
Even the H9 BF-109, I should be all over it, I am on the fence.

I really want to see something "Hot" come out.  ;o(

sihinch

I agree - where's all the good stuff!  ???

Ededge2002

Possibly you've been building and modifying so much that the ARF's are starting to appear vanilla.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Gregor77

That might be the case, I guess that is where building your own stuff comes to mind.

sihinch

It's always the same old models coming out (perhaps with the exception of some of the HobbyKing stuff - Vampire, Sea Vixen.)

Cubs, Corsairs, Spitfires, Mustangs, FW190s, P-47s.........

How about a Jodel, or an Auster?  Or a Yak 3? Or Wellington or HE-111?

I do like the Grob Tutor by Seagull, but I'm waiting until they discount it because no-one is buying it!

Skyking

I too have been losing interest.
There are some still some unususal models out there on sites that are relativly unknown. :Wasserflug,Wasserfleiger Green air designs,RBC kits, Manzano laser works,ready2fly,warbirdkits.com,parkflyerplastics,edfhobbies.
When you google the first 2 click on "translate".

Ho-Hum.

Ken
Actually, I can.

sihinch

Great links, Ken!  Thanks!  :D

piker

Quote from: Ededge2002 on May 27, 2013, 10:13:13 AM
Possibly you've been building and modifying so much that the ARF's are starting to appear vanilla.

I'm liking where this thread is going  ;D

Skyking

classic aero has kit for dornier "wal" twin engine flying boat-push pull configuration. Predesessor to DO-18.
There are tons of free plans on " Outerzone" website. Some of the smaller ones could easily be enlarged too.
Lots of waterbirds on outerzone.
Anther interesting site: scale-parkflyer.de (translate)
dedicated2air has a Huckbein and other neat jets and prop models.
There are some different plans at VTH.DE (translate) including an Arado 381.

Keep Smilin'

Ken
Actually, I can.

Andy Hoffer

I am guessing that the big manufacturers only care about the tried and true favourites, i.e.  models with the greatest mass appeal and hence the biggest return on investment.  Aside from renovating old unusual gas models, I think building from plans is where it's at for keeping things interesting and unique.  Fewer and better is my choice!

Andy

the giant

I've got something unique coming out this year that has not been modelled much and isn't an arf anywhere.  You will have to wait and see it at Kingston.

Gregor77

Looking forward to that. Talking about Kingston. Who's in this year?