New film coming

Started by sihinch, March 08, 2013, 07:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Bobmic

Nice :)

Anyone is familiar with this Model Airplane and Electric Flight Magazine, I noticed they have a digital media option - do they have any interesting things?
...I am sure it is better than the MAAC magazine...

sihinch

I subscribe to both.  I wouldn't do that, because they basically copy the same articles.  They are interesting to see what is coming in the hobby, but they tend to be 1 or 2 months behind the Internet info/gossip (if you know where to look.)

Electric flight is a little bit thin, and not great value IMHO.  And the digital edition is OK, it is a copy of the print issue but with a few added movies.

My current favourite magazine is Fly RC.  Covers broader range of suppliers and is a bit more current, ie there is less lag from product release to review.  I also like RCM&E (UK magazine.)

Bobmic

Wingnutz

Following up on Simon's March post, the movie PLANES is playing at the theatre at the bottom of my street (walk -to for me). The DVD isn't scheduled until December and I'm up for another movie (Red Tails is theonly other movie I've seen in the last five years!). Here's a link to a write-up in Model Airplane News' e-Newsletter. No, I am not going to convert my beloved DH88 into Bulldog!
LMK if anyone's interested going tonight, Sat or Sun!
http://www.modelairplanenews.com/blog/2013/08/14/movie-makeover-creating-disneys-bulldog/#utm_source=MagnetMail&utm_medium=email&utm_term=IBILLYQROGERS.COM&utm_content=ManEnews_8.16.13&utm_campaign=Exclusive%20Corsair%20build,%20Disneys%20

Check out the 20 foot Vulcan model from the same issue of Model Airplane News e-Newsletter! WOW! Scroll down to the movie frame to click.
http://www.modelairplanenews.com/blog/2013/08/14/very-very-big-vulcan/#utm_source=MagnetMail&utm_medium=email&utm_term=ANDRELAURENTS.CA&utm_content=ManEnews_8.16.13&utm_campaign=Exclusive%20Corsair%20build,%20Disney%27s%20
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!