what to do when you're bored?

Started by imran13, August 16, 2013, 10:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imran13

I'm bored, not at home, perfect weather, and want to fly. Horrible combination

What do you guys do?
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

bfeist

Ededge2002

I fly foamies under the street lights!!  Or my light equipped plane.  Or build something.  Or read.  Or come on here.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

imran13

I should make a habit of always having a plane with me, I could fly if I had something. Sadly I don't :(
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Ededge2002

Oh. Stranded without RC.  That's bad.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

imran13

About 15 minutes ago i learned a valuable lesson:

Flying on the street at night isn't as easy as it looks;
depron breaks easily;
hitting cars breaks planes.

and hopefully CA can fix all of that :D

Michael

You are not insured by MAAC if you fly in the street.

If you damage a car or hurt someone, your parents will be responsible.

Practice flying new airplanes on a simulator, or buy a new balsa kit and teach yourself to build an RC plane.

Michael

imran13

Okay.

I don't normally fly in the street, its just that my great uncle is visiting from England and so he wanted to see the plane. He also might come to the club on wednesday to see :D

Papa

Hi Imran, you do realize that you can fly any day and don't have to fly solely on Wednesdays?
We want to encourage less general flying on Instruction Wednesdays so it is less stressful to students.
Remember when you started how nice it was to fly alone or with one more model up.

There are flyers at the field most afternoons and evenings if the weather is good.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

imran13

Yep its awesome to be able to fly whenever I want, but it'll kind of be a habit to break now.

And I understand completely, thanks for pointing it out Jack :)