Hypothetical Help Required

Started by sihinch, September 20, 2013, 05:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Let's just say a friend of a friend asked me to ask the group to see if they could offer help to them.......they are an RC addict and asked me, to ask you, to see what they should do.  This friend of mine, that is......

They think they want an aerobatic balsa model about 50", for 4S, and think they may have found one.  They like the aircraft, and they like the colour scheme, but he knows he has a slight problem with wanting/needing too many aeroplanes.  This friend, that is.....

It's an Sbach 342

They found a video.....Xtreme Pilot Sbach 342 30E

And a review.....http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1629352

How would you help them to not buy it.  I will pass on your comments to my friend.  ;)

thehaze

I can have my wife marry your friend.  That should put a stop to the excessive airplane purchasing.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Michael

I don't understand.

Your friend has a lot of model airplanes and wants more.

I don't understand the problem.

;D
Michael

Ededge2002

There are two solutions.

A)
Go to a private area and remove there clothing. Look closely at there genitals and decide if they like where they are and if they would like to use them in the near future.

B)
Look around for a 60" version of that plane for 6s. Bigger flys much better in my experience as I've had a 50" plane and the additional size makes a lot of difference in performance.  After all your "friend" could ask you to let them "borrow" your foam/wood hybrid whataplane that is of very.  similar size and performance.  Not worth the punishment above to have two so similar planes in my opinion.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

battlestu

you ... i mean he doesn't want that plane... it rolls, flips, and tumbles. I hardly seen it fly straight at all :)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Papa

You're .... err friend must be newly married.

Do what all us old lags do.

Lie like mad and run to the hills for a few days.
It will soon blow over after all he would just have confirmed
what his wife suspected all along. Its very comforting to know
that he has provided his wife with the proof that she was right all along.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

pmackenzie

It does look nice, but did you read the reviews in the thread you linked to?
Comes out tail heavy. You have to either add nose weight, or up the battery and motor size.

Sounds like a bit of a "lead sled" in the end, but that could result in  a good windy weather model.

Pat MacKenzie

Skyking

Your friend could do what I did when I was married. I told my wife that I needed another plane.
There was a lot of crying and sniveling that night. It was pathetic to see. But finally my wife said stop crying and sniveling and buy the dammed plane.
Actually, I can.

Andy Hoffer

Is your friend's life insurance paid up? If so he is in dangerous territory.

Does your friend have extended health benefits from work?!! 

Andy

imran13

Did you read what condition the hardware is in? It sounds horrible! And no CG markings! Tell your "friend" definitely don't get it!
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

sihinch

Yes, yes, I read all the comments about hardware and CG and tail-heavy! But it's so shiny, said my friend!

Hardware can be replaced and CG can be guessed!!!

Anyway, I think my friend bought another plane....

Ededge2002

Is that another or "ANOTHER!"  ?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch