Canada Goose Hunting

Started by davidk, November 13, 2022, 04:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

I believe this is the first post of this type in all of TEMAC's existence.

There were 2 trucks parked in the plowed corn field at the end where the washroom is.

There were hunters in the middle of the plowed corn field shooting Canada Geese.

It would be prudent for any TEMAC Member to leave the field if hunters are shooting geese.

Frank v B

Wow!  That's a new one.

Thanks for the info.

Frank

ps: if they had a permit, they would have needed permission from the owner....unless it was the owner or family of the owner.
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

I was there (with Les) about 10:30am and saw 2 trucks in the middle of the field. I thought they were the farmers or something. I proceeded to fly and they then drove off. Given how windy it was, I only had 2 flights but by this time the trucks were long gone.

I had no idea what they were doing or indeed that people can goose hunt!

Frank v B

David's post intrigued me.

From the game rules and regs:

"Canada goose has transferred from Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 of the Wildlife Act. This means the species is "not protected", allowing anyone to hunt or kill geese at any time of year."

Probably a post-Sullenberger adjustment. ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Oscar

Quote from: Frank v B on November 14, 2022, 04:48:24 PM
David's post intrigued me.

From the game rules and regs:

"Canada goose has transferred from Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 of the Wildlife Act. This means the species is "not protected", allowing anyone to hunt or kill geese at any time of year."

Probably a post-Sullenberger adjustment. ;)

Frank

Are you referring to New Zealand Department of Conservation? https://www.doc.govt.nz/about-us/our-role/legislation/wildlife-act/change-to-protection-status-of-canada-geese/