SHORT SOLENT MARK IV – 2014 WINTER BUILD

Started by wollins, September 03, 2014, 11:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

That's looks so majestic! Wow! What a beauty. Nice one.

Papa

That bottom picture reminds me of a moose.

Great work Colin. It will look impressive on the water.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

Man, I've just realized. You're going to have to maiden this work of art! Yikes!

wollins

Quote from: Papa on April 22, 2015, 09:47:29 PM
That bottom picture reminds me of a moose.

Yeah I think I went a little overboard with the chine rails and didn't flush out the sides of the nose enough. Makes her look a bit gaunt! lol! The trouble is I don't have any shots with that angle of the full size so I winged it a bit.

The closest pic to that angle is the one I've attached (first pic) but as you can see its angled off to the side.  All the others I have are sortof from the bottom looking up.  I am pleased with the side profile though, I think I nailed that one.  ;D (especially the nose  ;))

Colin.
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Papa

I think you nailed it just right. Its that monolithic piece of balsa nose in that one picture that amused me. I was not being critical just humorous. When you add the mooring hatch and the black anti glare paint it will look perfect.

Jack.
A motto to live by:

wollins

Mooring hatch? What mooring hatch?  ??? Crap, that means I have to add yet another detail?  ;D ;D ;D Didn't take it as criticism Jack, its all good ... matter of fact I welcome any comment on this beast of a build, gives me some much needed outside perspective. Sometimes when you're so close to something day in and day out you lose perspective and miss the most obvious things.

Colin
|
|
|

wollins

Quote from: sihinch on April 22, 2015, 10:13:53 PM
Man, I've just realized. You're going to have to maiden this work of art! Yikes!

I know ... its gonna be off water though so that's less of a stress.  ;D
|
|
|

Papa

Sorry, did not mean to add work. The hatch is low down on the nose and allowed crew to hook up to mooring buoys.

Jack

A motto to live by:

Papa

A motto to live by:

wollins

Hey Jack, I was just being a smart a**, I know about the hatch etc.  However what I didn't have are those pics! I thought I had every MARK IV Solent pic available. I see in one of yours that the anti ice strips extend right to the tips unlike mine which I painted based on another pic ... whose subject obviously had "worn" anti ice strips. lol! So ... what other pics do you have up your sleeve my friend? ;)

Colin
|
|
|

Papa

I just typed "Short Solent Images" in Google and they were some of the ones that appeared.

Magic EH!

Jack.
A motto to live by:

wollins

Quote from: sihinch on April 22, 2015, 10:13:53 PM

Hey Simon, imagine if you had to maiden this!  :o  The pilot flies it with total confidence and this has got to be upwards of 20K what with the two turbines etc. Check out the low passes ... boy's got some big cahunas! :)

https://youtu.be/C0VND9wD9B0 
|
|
|

sihinch

Wow! Yep, wouldn't want to maiden that. But they do say you shouldn't play with toys you can't afford!

Papa

Toys you can't afford are OK it's woman you can't afford that you can't play with.

LOL

Jack.
A motto to live by:

wollins

Started on my outer wing ribs and look what arrived today ... my cowls! Whoo hoo!

Colin.
|
|
|