Feb 3 - build class- beginner/intermediate

Started by Frank v B, January 24, 2016, 09:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

The next beginner/intermediate build class will be on Wednesday Feb 3 at Colonel Mustards.  Dinner upstairs and the build class will begin 7:30 (dull) in the basement.

Everyone is welcome, even if you have not attended a build class before.  We may have stumbled onto a new approach the last session* so we will repeat it for good luck.

Step 1- all members who are building a plane should bring their models and ask a list of questions that stumped you on your build in the last two weeks.  We will open it up for answers to the collected multitude (Temac's Brain Trust  ;)).  We do not want you to sit down until the question has been answered to your satisfaction.

Step 2- we assign you a coach/instructor to take you through the suggested answers until you are happy and understand.  You can then go over the next steps on your project with this coach.

Step 3- Robert will continue his covering demonstration because most models are at that stage now.  Robert says he also needs the
practice before he covers the acre of wing area on his Stranrear.

This is the first year the build class has used a "build the model you like" approach.  The 3 previous classes used a specific model for all members (Norseman, RedEagle, Skywriter).

Frank- your coach :D

* Thank you Malcolm!
"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

I'm looking forward to the build class tonight!!!

I've brought some parts of my half built Sky Writer along to continue covering for anyone who wants to have a look.  Gee... it's a good thing I didn't finish the Sky Writer LAST year, like all the other ambitious builders.  Otherwise I would have nothing to demo covering with   ;D

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have been doing over the past couple of weeks!

sihinch

I was hoping to come tonight but unfortunately I'm not going to make it. Sorry! We have our Global Head
Of Supply Chain visiting my Plant tomorrow. That's a big deal for me!

So I guess I'll have to catch you all next week at the Pilots meeting.

Sorry.

battlestu

hope all goes well with the plant inspection.

We should see some good looking planes this spring!

Thanks again to Frank, Rob, and Bill for their advice
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on February 03, 2016, 05:54:03 PM
I was hoping to come tonight but unfortunately I'm not going to make it. Sorry! We have our Global Head
Of Supply Chain visiting my Plant tomorrow. That's a big deal for me!

So I guess I'll have to catch you all next week at the Pilots meeting.

Sorry.

I'm just hoping we see some good cookies on the assembly tables this spring!!   ;D

Andy