Recent posts

Building / Construction / Re: OV10 Bronco by Planeprint
Last post by davidk - Today at 12:31:45 AM
Outer wings are done, so it's on to the landing gear.  Since the brass threaded inserts worked so well for the L-39, they're going into the Bronco.
I've got a bit more to work with so I'm using a 3mm x 6mm threaded insert this time.
But, there's always something.
Pushing that long an insert through melting plastic allowed that melting plastic to feed into the open end of the insert.  Completely filled the 3mm interior.
So, I did what anyone else with this problem would have done... I left to watch a movie.  The Beekeeper with Jason Statham... excellent.
When I came back, I took a 3mm long set screw and screwed it into the threaded insert flush with the end.  Now, while melting, the plastic has no where to go but around the insert.
Remove the 3mm set screw and all is clear.

General Discussion / Re: receiver for new plane
Last post by Noah - Yesterday at 08:28:40 PM
Ok thank you but I'm looking at it now, is there any difference in the ar 630 or the ar 631. If so is the ar 631 worth it?
Trading Post / Re: Lot 21- 4S batteries 2@22...
Last post by Jan - Yesterday at 04:53:24 PM
$30
Trading Post / Re: Sold:Hobbico Nexstar
Last post by Gregor77 - Yesterday at 10:11:15 AM
Paul. What battery does it use?  4s or 5s?
General Discussion / receiver for new plane
Last post by Noah - Yesterday at 09:55:32 AM
Good morning everyone i hope you are having a good day. i just got the futura 64mm and i don't know which receiver to get. this is my first jet, which receiver would be best for me?
Last post by Frank v B - Yesterday at 09:49:36 AM
$25.00
Last post by Jan - Yesterday at 06:42:14 AM
$20
Trading Post / Re: Lot 15- HTRC C240 Duo char...
Last post by Jan - Yesterday at 06:41:35 AM
$15
Building / Construction / Lockeed Vega
Last post by octagon - May 11, 2024, 06:09:12 PM
I have started construction of a Lockheed Vega, designed by Lindsay Todd in England and offered as a short kit by Sarak.The model is about a 60inch span and Lindsay flew his on 3s. It should come out to be about 4.5 pounds flying weight.

The plane has always been a favourite of mine. Amelia Earheart was the second person in history to fly solo across the Atlantic. She flew a Vega. The plane is also famous as it was flown by Whiley Post who set records in one called Willie Mae, while only having vision in one eye.

I usually like to start a model with an easy part and so this afternoon I built the horizontal stabilizer.