CLUBS: Prop shipment

Started by bfeist, September 05, 2013, 10:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

Received my shipment from Japan (Colin's reco). 10 APC props 4.7 x 5.5. Only took a week and only $2.50 shipping. These props are race winners. Happy to share the wealth with any team mates who would like to try a flight or two with an over square pylon racing prop.

Ededge2002

Thanks for the generous offer Ben! 
im  considering propping up as well but there is some concern that I might be  near the top of the 18amp esc.  I think you said that it took 500mA to recharge after a race.  If this is correct the average amps over the 1:20 race is 22.5Amps with your set up.  I don't know where the esc will start to have troubles but this is something to be aware of.  ESC failure could put you out of the running.  Im going to do a mock race of the usual time limit and recharge to see what my average amps is and go from there.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

bfeist

I did one flight with the 4.7 x 5.5 already--the qualifier in the last race series. Didn't have a problem. Given that I'm always wide open on the throttle, i'm going to assume that the same technical aspects that allow me to push 200A through a Phoenix 125 at full open throttle will keep me save at 25A on the 18A ESC. Hmm, maybe I should use a separate bec just in case :)

Ededge2002

Why just one flight?  Was there noticeable speed change?

bfeist

Noticeable. Broke the prop on landing. I have 10 now!

Ededge2002

Just did two flights with my propped up combo!  I previously have been using a 4.5x4.1 all season.  As Ben is attacking my lead and claims to have an even faster combo now I did some testing today.  I used a 4.7x4.2 static its 2 more amps and I think there is a little more pull.  Hard to tell until its lined up against a couple planes!

bfeist

Quote from: Ededge2002 on September 07, 2013, 04:33:19 PM
Just did two flights with my propped up combo!  I previously have been using a 4.5x4.1 all season.  As Ben is attacking my lead and claims to have an even faster combo now I did some testing today.  I used a 4.7x4.2 static its 2 more amps and I think there is a little more pull.  Hard to tell until its lined up against a couple planes!

I see it as "our" lead. We need to mute Hazelton. Team Clubs all the way.