Build class- Cub repair and draw prize

Started by Frank v B, January 14, 2017, 08:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

We received a donation from John's Hobbies that needs some work.  A Parkzone Cub with a 370 outrunner, a 10 amp E-flite ESC and 3 channel transmitter (channel 27.045 FM)  It is missing the wing and the tail feathers are broken. 

In the next build class on January 25 I will repair the tail feathers and build a new wing out of balsa ribs and sticks (37" span) and cover it with Solarfilm.  Then in the following build class it will be raffled off to one of the attendees of the class.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

BJROB

Im interested in seeing that. As I need a little help with my Horizon cub.
I'm wanting to put a  motor/mount and the all
interesting to see how to do that upgrading
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Frank v B

BJ,

Bring it along to the build class and you will receive at least 10 opinions from the peanut gallery.

Frank

Frank v B

What a great build class last Wednesday. The dinner was fun.  The build class was not as planned but I think everyone got their questions answered.

- The Hagens Brothers ran the quad evil build class with the Hazelton Brothers heavily into it.  Simon's spirit was definitely in the room. :D
- Piker ran the "Tricks with Balsa Sticks" session on how to correct building errors in a balsa fuselage structure.  He was kind enough to first make a building error and then showed the students how to correct it.  Very considerate of him. ;)
- There was a Q&A section which allowed BJ to have his motor upgrades questions answered.  He probably walked away more confused than when he came in because for every problem, 4 experienced modellers will have at least 8 perfectly unique solutions.
- the last corner was the "How to cover up your building mistakes with Monokote to make them disappear" with Roger, Malcolm, Rob D., Ken R. and yours truly.

Every student received a 9 gram servo courtesy of John Kusturin.  BJ took possession of his 2.5" wheels he ordered and Rob D. received the tail wheel he requested.  These were all at five finger discount prices.

The donated Cub was there but the wing did not get built as planned but then Jack H. always told us to let the build classes run their own course  ... and make a lot of mid-course corrections.

Thanks to everyone who participated.  We missed Michael!

Frank