1/6.78 Scale Hawker Typhoon

Started by wollins, August 31, 2012, 11:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wollins

Thanks Andy ... I appreciate that. 

So I decided to add some clevises to my pull pull cables at the tail wheel end. (see pic at the end) Previously I just had them crimped directly at the connection (the tlller arm) as is fairly standard. 

Decided to change this because when my whole tail wheel assembly was ripped out of the fuse, even though they were still connected to the cables, I still had to reassemble it to attach a new spring.  To do this I had no choice but to cut the cables to get it off and since I didn't have more cable at hand that added a bit of a delay to the whole process.

This way if anything were to happen that needed the unit to be repaired or changed out I can just disconnect it at the clevises. This will come in handy soon enough because I'll eventually be reinstalling a PROPER retract unit. (not the cheap Turnigy one that's in there now which burned out after about 20 cycles! See video) Another cool thing about this is I can now adjust/fine tune the steering of the tailwheel at the tiller arm.

Colin

http://youtu.be/Ua4Dn4P_83Y
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

piker

Great job, Colin!  Get that plane fixed up so we can see it tearing up the skies in the spring!

wollins

Quote from: piker on January 13, 2014, 10:15:14 AM
Great job, Colin!  Get that plane fixed up so we can see it tearing up the skies in the spring!

That's the plan!  I actually can't wait to fly it at Kingston, lots of room for error there. (except for their crosswinds sometimes) Gonna put it aside for now since all that's left is the cosmetic stuff. Painting, weathering etc etc.

Hopefully by the time you come over Wed the bench will have the 415 laid out on it! ;)

Colin   
|
|
|

wollins

A little green makes it look oh so clean.  ;D  Ok its now been put aside to make way for these plans!

Colin
|
|
|

Wingnutz

Yahoo! Canadian content! Great choice! I got water bombed by one last summer!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

wollins

Quote from: wollins on August 23, 2013, 11:49:31 PM
Well, the Tiffie has flown! Let me summarise this maiden flight report like this:
The take off was hairy scary ... the flight was beautiful ... the landing was terrible ...
which resulted in ... A CRASH!!  :o

Now I REALLY don't feel so bad! Read about this real life experience with the full size.  :o  Lets hope I can tame the beast this summer.

Colin
|
|
|

bfeist