Scratch Building Begins At Home!

Started by sihinch, December 05, 2013, 05:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

I took the day off today and managed to get to tidy my workshop.  I'm posting these pictures in the "Building/construction" forum because I am about to start my first balsa build since 1987!!!!

It will be a pylon racer for the Piker class TEMAC race series, so I will continue the thread in the race forum, but wanted to get some words of encouragement (from Piker and Jack especially) for finally getting round to building!

Papa

Look at that a real life plan! I can't tell from the photo but you will cover it with name brand wax paper EH!

You are about to embark on an adventure that will be equal parts frustration, exultation, impatience, smug satisfaction and a long lasting experience you will cherish for ever. You will read the instructions three times over and when something doesn't work you will read them again and then discover the bit two pages earlier that you missed or failed to understand the significance and now you know. But you will be hooked and the balsa dust will inveigle your brain like a narcotic.

Remember you are not alone just ask anytime day or night, the rest of the addicts will understand. Think of us as your balsa support group (BSG for short)

Jack
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"