72 meg receivers- free if you can use them.

Started by Frank v B, March 15, 2021, 10:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Went through my collection of 72 meg transmitters and receivers.

Here is a collection of 72 meg receivers that are available until saturday morning (Household Hazardous waste appointment)

left row, top to bottom
- Futaba fm ch 14
- Castle creations- ch 14
- Futaba fm ch 14
- Futaba am ch 54
- GWS no crystal
- Futaba Fm ch 46

2nd row from left
- Futaba fm ch 44
- utaba fm ch 44
- JR mini receiver ch 37
- Hitec FM JR ch 44
- Hitec FM ch 16

3rd row
-J R fm ch 15
- Futaba fm ch 15
- JR ch 15
- Hitec ch 15
- Futaba PCM ch 40

4th row
- Futaba fm ch 44
- Futaba fm ch 44
- FM mini receiver- no crystal
- Castle Creations  ch 46
- Futaba Fm ch 46

Let me know.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

@Frank v B

I can SO use these.  (I'll bet this is a set up with Mita, but the bait is too good to resist!)

But I have to ask, are you OK??!!  This is very uncharacteristic behaviour for you!  I mean, tossing 72 MHz equipment!!  Or for that matter, tossing ANYTHING!!

Please call me ASAP for a therapeutic consult.

Your watchful friend,

Andy 

BJROB

Andy I was thinking the same as you.....
I'm concerned that he's come down with a forensic type of something in his senior state..
We should get Dr. John to do the odd-tops-see and operate
All I know is something is not right or is it left 
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: BJROB on March 16, 2021, 02:56:47 PM
Andy I was thinking the same as you.....
I'm concerned that he's come down with a forensic type of something in his senior state..
We should get Dr. John to do the odd-tops-see and operate
All I know is something is not right or is it left

Hey @BJROB ,

I think we are generously assuming that there is any vestigial cerebral cortex function at all, given the deep traumatic impacts of @Frank v B 's 68th birthday.  Could even be a manifestation of the dreaded Dutch COVID variant!  :o

@Condor13 is there anything we can do to save Frank?.

Andy

Frank v B

I am perfectly fine. 

Tonight I will post a photo of the Tx's that are going out the door.  Then I will do a count of what I have left in 72 meg technology. 

I started to realize there was a fine line between "collecting" and "hoarding".  ;D

Frank

GuyOReilly

@Frank v B could any one of these be used for a model boat?!?  I could use one for a "other hobby project"...

Frank v B

Update.

Photo 1 (#36) is what is going out the door from the transmitter collection.
Photo 2 (#37) is of the transmitters I have left.  More than enough.  (6 DX 6's, 2- 2.4 with a model set (FMS), 15- 72 meg sets)

Guy, surface RC radio is 27 meg.  Airplane was 72 meg.  We can always claim that you were trying to make the boat fly on 72 meg and failed.  I will put a set together for you, including switch harness.

Frank

Frank v B

Response has been good. 
Three sets of Transmitters and receivers have found a good home.
Andy has even taken 4 receivers.

Keep the requests coming.

No charge!

Frank

Andy Hoffer

I didn't want @Frank v B to bear the 72 MHz burden all by himself!  ;D

Andy

Andy Hoffer

I sure hope @Frank v B harvests all the switches, connectors, jacks, antennae, screws, gimbals, grommets and knobs from those transmitters before he tosses them out.  If he really wants to get with the program he could also grab the old-style chunky-monkey style electronic components like resistors, capacitors, inductor coils, potentiometers and analog voltage meters, but that might be excessive.

(Frank let me know if you need help on this!  ;D)

Andy

kmandjik

This is not a Hobby....... This is an Obsession!!!! but FUN.... ::) :D

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: kmandjik on March 17, 2021, 03:12:36 PM
This is not a Hobby....... This is an Obsession!!!! but FUN.... ::) :D

@kmandjik is absolutely right!  An objective professional opinion might say "addiction", but "obsession" does confer a nice dash of socially acceptable passion to it!

Go @Frank v B , go!!

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

You wanted one of the 72 meg transmitters.  Here it is (photo 1).  When you are finished assembling it, it should look like photo 2.

You're an engineer.  You can do it.  Pretend you are back in the Heathkit and Radio Shack days of the '60's and '70's. 8)

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on March 18, 2021, 09:11:27 PM
Andy,

You wanted one of the 72 meg transmitters.  Here it is (photo 1).  When you are finished assembling it, it should look like photo 2.

You're an engineer.  You can do it.  Pretend you are back in the Heathkit and Radio Shack days of the '60's and '70's. 8)

Frank

I am SO ready for this!  My very own FM radio ARF!!  I still have my Heathkit auto exhaust gas CO analyzer for doing tune-ups on my old 2-barrel venturi carburetor-based Datsun 1200!   ;D

Thanks so much @Frank v B!!!  You're a real pal!

Andy