***Found a home*** Rescue me! Free!

Started by pmackenzie, May 02, 2021, 05:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmackenzie

40 size House of Balsa Extra 300L

This is headed for the trash, unless someone wants it.

Started this many years ago, never finished it. I was going to do electric. Nice kit, should finish out pretty light.
As it sits now it is at 40 ounces, which for a model this size is pretty light.
As far as I can tell, everything is there except for some hardware and the instructions, but you won't need them because all it needs is the covering and equipment installation.

The only real issue I see is that the cowl and one of the wheel pants is oil soaked, they might need to be remade :(
They sat in a box under my lathe for years, and the oil dripped on the box :(
But they are just balsa and ply, and using them and the plans they would not be too hard to reproduce.
Or if you just want to fly, coat them in something to seal them and don't look at them up close :)

Completed, I think this would be an excellent old-style aerobatics model,  the control surfaces are too small for 3D style.

Pick up from Don Mills/Lawrence area.

Let me know if you are interested.

Pat MacKenzie

octagon

Hi Pat,
I am interested in it. I can come pick it up at your convenience.
Thanks for the offer
Rob Dickinson
416-985-5401
What could possibly go wrong?

pmackenzie

Hi Rob,
  email me through the TEMAC link and we will work it out.

BTW, I found the instruction manual. I also want to look for the hardware that is missing:
  Wheels, spinner, axles, tail wheel assembly and some strip aileron hardware. That sort of thing.
  I should still have most of it, but possibly mixed in with other random hardware :)

Pat

Ededge2002

I had one of these but Nitro powered.  It flys much better than the much heavier models from great planes/sig .

it would make a great conversion!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?