2014-06 TEMAC Tickler, Beating the winter blahs at the Pilot's Meeting.

Started by Papa, February 10, 2014, 10:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Andy Hoffer

You all need to know that "wind chill" is really just a figment of Jack's imagination.  And I have no idea what he is talking about when he uses derogatory terms like "blahs" in conjunction with the name of this magnificent season we call winter.  This truly has been a real winter, with beautiful, long-lasting snow and brisk fresh air.  The hike in from Stouffville Road to the assembly tables at TEMAC is good exercise, which everyone can use in a time of year when folks spend too much time in their caves.  And the "white water" float flying and "ski-based winter flying" have been second to none this year.  The runway is super long, super wide, and super smooth (notwithstanding a few potholes created where yours truly dug in a ski tip and had to rescue his stuck plane).  It does not get any better than this.

I could suggest that you take Jack's pronouncements with a grain of salt, but that might precipitate an early snow melt at TEMAC, and Bill Quantock and I have been having way too much fun enjoying the wide open skies, flurries, wind and all, to want that to happen.

By the way, this week's forecast is excellent.  The winds should help fill in the boot marks, and the temperatures will be below freezing all week, pointing towards great snow conditions for the weekend.  Looking forward to sharing the fantastic snow with you this weekend.

I am Canadian!!

Andy a.k.a. The Ice Man
(also variously known by his beloved detractors as "Arctic Andy", "Frozen Freddie", "Abominable Andy", and "Igloo Andrew" !!)

Papa

All the more reason to come to the Pilot's meeting.
You can throw stuff at Andy, wouldn't that be such fun!

Jack.
A motto to live by:

piker

Michael

Michael

Ededge2002

Yep!  Some days he's been out its been so cold its made me wonder if he's got' S noballs
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Frank v B

Andy,

You are either sick or very desperate.  ;D
May your brain thaw in time for spring flying when the field is green, not this cold, fluffy white. :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

I knew you guys could be nasty, but I never thought you'd stoop to hitting below the belt!  ;D

But I guess that's to be expected when people are really envious!!

The Ice Man

Michael

Terrific meeting last night!

Kudos to Andy for his great sense of humour!

Michael

Ededge2002

piker

We had some excellent food,

Jack gave an update on the scratch building course progress,

Michael, Ken Rawlins, and Frank provided some excellent show and tell (Ken had his new Navigator flying boat there that I'm excited about  :)),

Andy gave a crash course on ski mounting and TEMAC winter fashion,

and John (don't know last name) have a crash course on glassing and vacuum bagging.

Good times as always!

Ededge2002

I hope there are pictures of Andy fashion show. I couldn't make it because my wife had tickets to see some John guy play the piano. Not one rc plane in sight!

piker

John Wayne plays piano?  Cool!

I notice that Graham was taking up the photography duties during Andy's monologue on snowballs.  Andy even added some to his planes.  I told him we expect flight pictures with balls intact.

Papa

A motto to live by:

piker