NIB Electrifly Rifle *SOLD*

Started by ppalumbo, January 17, 2021, 06:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ppalumbo

NIB Electrifly Rifle

Asking $175 (also listed on RC Canada)

Frank v B

Peter,

Is it the original small one or the newer larger 1 meter one?  Probably worth clarifying for potential buyers.

I (still) have both and they are very fast and slippery.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

ppalumbo

Thanks for pointing that out Frank.  I have added a better pic of the specs.... and warning :-)

Frank v B

That's the original small one.  I have it with an E-Flite 28 mm in-runner Series 6 with a 5x5 APC prop on 3 cells and it puts out about 250 watts which is more than enough.
This plane has a 350 watt limit but no need to go that far.

Frank

bfeist

I disagree with Frank...

Good luck with the sale!

Frank v B

A little context re: Ben's "I disagree with Frank..."

Ben is one of the two Kilowatt Brothers at TEMAC*.  For them, anything less than a kilowatt per pound* is called "idling". :D :D

Frank

* the other is Ed McMann (Ededge) who moved to Ottawa.
** my set-up was a whopping 250 watts per pound.... or, insane for normal people. ;)

pmackenzie

I saw Ed fly his Rifle at the COGG field one day (while he still lived down this way). Very aptly named model!
I don't know what he had for power but it was very fast.
I do recall that a lot of guys on RCG put more power than stock in them, and promptly folded them.

Ededge2002

Thanks Pat it was a blast of a model!  I had a 3800kv Neu 1105 motor in it on 3s 440W or so so yea right at the recommended Ben LOL!

If this one has issues with the paint in the hinge line on the wing or is in need of a SPARE WING that was specially selected for me I have one new in box.

Keep it light,  speed 400 sized motor and 1500-1800 sized batteries MAX and its a good flyer.  Bring change of underwear.  Contact me if you have any questions.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?