Micros? Anybody building for indoor?

Started by Wingnutz, November 10, 2012, 08:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnutz

At this time of year, I start looking at building a micro as the ops for regular RC are limited. Anyone else building micros for indoor?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Wingnutz

This is the micro F-35C which I showed and telled at the last pilots' meeting. Unlike big bananas, it doesn't need landing gear!
It's built from plans which I found on RCGroups, has a 13.5"ws, weighs 53g rtf, uses a 27mm edf unit and a 180mah 2S nano tech battery... all from HK so it was pretty inexpensive. You can't buy a BNF micro for what this one cost! The model has three-axis thrust vectoring compliments of a servo driven thrust cone which directs eflux over the tailerons.
I've flown the model...outdoors only as it's pretty quick for small indoor spaces and I haven't learned how to use the thrust vectoring to steer while the model's slowed down in nose high attitude (high alpha) I've started the second one and will use a GP 30mm fan unit from GP and a larger undercambered wing...
Try one! They're fun!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Ededge2002

Nice job on that. I haven't done anything for indoors as I've not arranged to fly indoors anywhere yet. Sad...
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?