TEMAC Tickler Jan. 17, 2021

Started by Michael, January 17, 2021, 10:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Happy New Year to all TEMAC members. I hope you are all happy and healthy, and that you're enthusiastic about the upcoming season!

We held a great annual general meeting in December.  About 30 members participated in the 'virtual' event. We covered routine business and had a few laughs. It wasn't as much fun as in previous years when we got together in person, but it worked. Hopefully our December 2021 AGM will be back to normal.

Due to the current Covid-19-related Ontario State of Emergency, all TEMAC organized activities (continue to) remain suspended, until further notice. We are making plans for the 2021 flying season, but we'll just have to wait a bit.

In the meantime, several of our members are taking the time to build new models. Some of these are posted in threads on our website. Read them and enjoy. Please post photos of your own projects to share with us.

Michael Rogozinsky, President, TEMAC

Michael

sihinch

Hi Michael, although this is a shame, shouldn't the field be closed?  Not just organized activities suspended?

This is what the rules say..

This means you must stay at home. You should only go out for necessities, such as:

- getting food, beverages or medication
- going to medical appointments
- supporting vulnerable community members
- child care
- attending school or a post-secondary institution
- going to a bank
- accessing government services
- getting exercise or walking pets
- going to work, if you can't do it remotely

Michael

All members should follow the Provincial and Municipal guidelines, rules and laws.

I have specifically spoken to an attorney for the province who is active in formulating and enforcing these rules and bylaws.

The rules indicate that only essential travel out of the home is allowed, yet also indicate that exercise and outdoor group gatherings of up to 5 people are permitted. I will not even try to interpret the legal implications of these rules.

Although our field is closed, we have no ability to physically close the field, nor to police the field.

All members should please stay safe.
Michael