It's big, and it's free!

Started by pmackenzie, January 03, 2022, 11:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmackenzie

Giant scale Diabolo.  About 6' long, 90" span.
Not built be me, been in my crawl space for a long, long time.
No equipment installed. Needs a fair bit of TLC.
I think it is paint over micafilm.

Either headed to a new home, or the dumpster.

Pick up only, Don Mills. You will need a big vehicle :)

(Also posted this on RCCanada)

pmackenzie

Lots of nibbles on RCCanada, so probably gone. :)

Gregor77

GeoffM

If its still available, I will pick it up tonight.

GeoffM

Saw it was on 'RCCANADA' as sold.

Gregor77

I told you about this the day Pat listed it!  ;o(

pmackenzie

Yes, it is gone.
The guy who got it PMed me about 10 minutes after I posted it on RCC.

I have a couple of (much) smaller planes I should move out, but will probably "dutch auction" them, so that they don't simply go to the first guy who sees the ad.

Gregor77

Do it. Franks way is the best. Gives everyone a chance.

pmackenzie

Frank's way is good, but still open to snipers who swoop in with 1 second to go :)

Dutch Auction starts high (something above what the seller wants) then drops a fixed amount each day till someone decides it is time to pull the trigger.
Wait long enough and the item is free :)

Gregor77

I thought it was the $1 dollar increments at a fixed starting price with a deadline.   I like the random draw, fixed price, more than one person bidding, then a draw determines the winner. 

Frank v B

Greg and Pat,

I did the last auction of Malcolm's stuff the way I did was for several reasons- including solving the same problem Pat mentioned.

Malcolm gave me this stuff and wanted me to donate it to worthy members.  I mentioned to him that everything has a value so that's why the price was a fixed very low and the money raised would be donated to TEMAC.  The reason for the draw was to neutralize the people with smart phones who can have a phone beside them at their desk (I can't in my business) and I wanted to eliminate the last second bids.

Pat's objective is different.  He wants to get rid of old models and maximize his take to finance his hobby so it would have to be either an auction (Dutch or normal) or his best fixed price guess what would trigger somebody to bite.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"