Flying today?

Started by Ededge2002, April 02, 2012, 10:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

Im going flying this afternoon at TEMAC!  The sun is just too tempting to get out there.  I do plan on having to walk stuff in as to not damage the drive/parking area further.  Anyone else plan on going out?  I know its not the weekend but sunday just sucked and I had to work Saturday.   

ps there are tons of threads of days when people are going to the field. If we just made one and kept adding to it there would be less clutter in the forum.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

piker

I'm going to just tag onto this thread because the title is appropriate...

I'm hoping to head to TEMAC on Wednesday evening (April 18th).  The weather is supposed to be nice.  I assume others will be there.  Am I right?

I'll probably be there around 6:30.

Robert

thehaze

I'll be there.

It looks like our best chance for decent weather for about a week.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Michael

I was there from 4 to 6pm with Jack, Bill Q, Ronnie, and the Hazelton bros.

I maidened 3 planes, and flew 2 others.

Fun!

Michael

Ededge2002

I wasn't there.  Didn't fly any planes. Worked at my second job trying to resist looking out the window. Glad to see someone got out.

thehaze

It was fun.. but wayyy colder than it looked.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

piker

Even I got out for a couple of flights, but yes, it was cold.

Today (Thursday April 19th) would be a much better day, but I have to go for a bike ride  ;D

Robert

Michael

One of the planes that I flew was a new E-Flite ultra-micro Gee Bee R2, which weighs a couple ounces, but has a new digital stabilization system. It flew like nothing I had ever flown before, and we were all amazed at its performance. In 10 to 15 mph winds, the plane flew absolutely rock-steady and smooth. There was no bouncing nor rocking in the wind; it just flew silky smooth and straight.
Michael

Andy Hoffer

Hi Michael:

Did you hand launch or try a take-off from the ground?  How did the GeeBee R2 handle the grass on landing?

Andy

Michael

Hand launch and flip-over on landing.

Everything in-between was smooth flying.  ;D
Michael

sihinch

I'm flying tonight.  I think Greg H and Greg C are coming too!

Ededge2002

Looking out the window right now I don't know but will think about it as the day goes on.

Gregor77

There will be a few of us tonight... I am looking forward to the grey sky and some more warbirds zipping around!

Ededge2002

Had a terrific time tonight. Did make some work form myself by bouncing my Formosa and having the wing fold on the Rifle. Already have a replacement as to be honest I didn't expect the first one to make the approximate 100 flights it did!  Motor and esc seem fine but I'm not going to be using any servos over as it hit quite hard. Will post photos later lol

Michael

The weather was great and the wind was negligible.

Simon H and Greg C flew P51D Mustangs in formation with John taking photos, Bill flew his E-Flite Hurricane, Ed flew a big Sebart 3D model very impressively, Jack and Greg H flew a variety of models, and I maidened by Polaris XL and my Ryan.

It was fun!
Michael