Do we need a support group?

Started by wollins, September 04, 2012, 03:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

That's a nice jet, Colin.

Looks like it'll be easy to hand launch.
Michael

battlestu

agreed that is a good looking jet and there is no help for us.... spent the day working on my Shoestring
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

wollins

Thanks guys! Shame about your motor Ed. You know a good alternative to the Neus are the Megas ... cost quite a bit less but can hold their own against any motor out there IMHO.  They are notoriously UNDERrated in terms of their limits. 

A good example is the workhorse of their line ... the diminutive little 400 sized 16/15/3 is rated for 30amps and guys routimely push them past 80 and even up to 100A and they don't break a sweat!  This kind of durability and performance is common across the entire line of Megas ... their line is just an option to consider is all I'm sayin'!

Greg, that is one sweet ship right there ... looks fast just stitting there! Man! 2013's gonna be good! :)

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Ededge2002

Yes Colin the Megas were somthing ive looked at but fell short in the required gearbox availability.   They DO have a solid reputation but I wanted a specific level of performance. To get the power handling/weight you need a high kv motor and a big gear reduction.  they make lots of motors that would fit the bill but the gear is just not there and by the time you get a quality gearbox for these levels the price is right up there with the other high end motors(Mega IS after all still a high end motor)

There are lots of NEU's floating around out there in the used market and ive located a couple...  might even get to keep that kidney!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

pmackenzie

Keep an eye on RCG for Neu or Hacker motors.
They come up for sale all the time, usually for 1/2 price. Just have to be patient, but at this point you have all winter.
There are also good deals on ebay.

Pat MacKenzie

Ededge2002

Yep! Already on it. But a good tip for the others too

Gregor77

I have seaked professional help... now I only build Simons planes.. get my kicks and call it quits... lol!

wollins

Well sadly the guy who sold me the jet reneged on the deal (who does that?) a full week after receiving payment.  Contemplating whether to leave negative feedback or not. (I hate doing that)

Colin
|
|
|

battlestu

I've heard of buyers remorse but this is a new one for me .... sorry was looking forward to seeing what she would do
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

wollins

Well, he claimed that he cracked the canopy while packing it and so decided he could never sell it in that condition.  The reason I think that he just made that up is because any normal person (IMO) would say ... listen I cracked the canopy while packing it ... what do you want to do ... do you still want it etc etc.

I think he changed his mind but knew he just couldn't come out and say that AFTER accepting my money so had to come up with some excuse.  Oh well you win some, you lose some... its just the feedback dilemma thing now.

Colin
|
|
|

sihinch

Is there the option of leaving "neutral" feedback and a comment?  Like on ebay?

Ededge2002

Wow now you need counseling fir a broken heart. This hobby is HELL!

wollins

ED I was having a really rough day today (RC Unrelated) and you just made me LAUGH OUT LOUD;D ;D ;D ;D

Colin 
|
|
|

wollins

Simon that's a great idea cause there is such an option.  thanks!

Colin
|
|
|

Ededge2002

With a post in the wanted section on RCG and a few emails ive purchased a NEU1509-1.5d-6.7  AND i got to keep my kidney!!  wont be here in time for the skills challange but I have some other weapons selected...