Do we need a support group?

Started by wollins, September 04, 2012, 03:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

I have no clue what to fly for the challange... lol!

bfeist

Great job finding that exact motor for a good price!

wollins

Quote from: wollins on September 24, 2012, 03:22:35 PM
Well, he claimed that he cracked the canopy while packing it and so decided he could never sell it in that condition.  The reason I think that he just made that up is because any normal person (IMO) would say ... listen I cracked the canopy while packing it ... what do you want to do ... do you still want it etc etc.

I think he changed his mind but knew he just couldn't come out and say that AFTER accepting my money so had to come up with some excuse.  Oh well you win some, you lose some... its just the feedback dilemma thing now.

Colin

Well good thing I didn't leave some negative feedback ... turns out that he DID crack the canopy. BUT ... he was able to pull two more ones that looked pretty darn good and then he offered it to me again! So ... I paid again ... let's see if I actually get it this time! lol!

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

wollins

Got it! She's sweeeeet! :)

Colin

|
|
|

Ededge2002

It does look like it will be a good performer.  What size fan is it for?

Im still looking in my mailbox every time I walk by it!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Ededge2002

Waited by the mail box all week.... Nothing.  No motor no prop and spinner.  guess its better none than part of the required stuff to fly the Enigma.  Lots of other stuff to fly anyway.

Ededge2002

Two packages from two locations in opposite directions and they arrived yesterday!  the unboxing, drooling, installing, then the test run results.  One word WOW!   NEU1509 motor and gearbox,  RFM Carbon Prop/spinner and some soldering to the Castle 125 programed to switch mode CHECK!  Is it the weekend yet?

bfeist

Nice! You'll want to dremel a flat spot for the grub screw on the shaft. I had a problem with that last year that cause me to break the tail (prop spun off as I launched straight up). I see you got the twisted spinner. Awesome. Are you going to use that Neu battery or do you have another?

A little tweak that's cool is to set 2 timers on the 9c. One counts up when you trigger the throttle switch, the other counts down as usual just so you can keep track of how long you've been up. It's cool to land after 10 minutes and see that you only ran 30 seconds of throttle total.

Ededge2002

flat spot on motor shaft check.  twisted spinner double check.  NEU battery yep im going to give it a shot.  Timer mine counts down from 30second motor run time and the other up to time flight. 

think if I put glow sticks on it I could fly it NOW?

wollins

Good job Ed! Can't wait to see this setup fly!  I haven't even touched my planes since I was last out ... CRAP ... that reminds me I still have some packs that need to be discharged!  >:(  Later!

Colin
|
|
|

Ededge2002

You've seen this set up fly before Colin. I did stumble on the airframe but doing some research I found that Ben's set up is a very popular one. After that I just sat beside the smart kid in class!

wollins

|
|
|

sihinch

Gregor77

Ededge2002

I think i need my wife to watch that.