Started by piker, October 06, 2015, 06:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I'll check it at 6:30am.

In the meantime, I'm charging.

Michael

piker

Sorry guys...

It's windy and a bit rough  It'll only get worse as the winds pick up more.  It would be a waste of a drive.

Maybe next weekend   :-[

Michael

Thanks Robert.

I'm going back to sleep a bit.
Michael

Wingnutz

Thanks Rob...I am so envious of you being able to give a weather/water condition report...from home!
Does this mean next weekend's FB float fly might be changed to Caesarea?
We may be in the area later today looking at properties and will drop past your place if we come up. Don't wait around for us if you have something going on...our plans are anything but firm.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Oscar

Thank you Robert. Greatly appreciated

Bigstik

Great to see the retrun to Lake Scugog. Is this going to be a regular 'scheduled' float fly next year?
Bigstik

Wingnutz

Guessing float flying is still alive and well on Sugog...any landings like this Rob? (video link compliments of Scugog Float Flyers) BTW , video subject aircraft would make a great model!

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=ff51fc4378cc

Wingnutz

Any of you float flyers looking for a last minute addition to your Santa list?   How about this one? It's an ARF!
http://youtu.be/ZxLrDB6_UNc

piker

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the links.  That is a pretty impressive model.

I was hoping to see a link to some Scugog float flyers activities.  Do you have any?

BTW, as much as I like the idea of float flying at my place, it may not  be ideal for a largish group of flyers... because of the direction of the sunset and the fact that we would need to fly from a dock in the summer months, to be able to see past the neighbours boat.  It's still very possible, but I think there's a better spot, for a group, provided people are willing to make the trip.  It's exactly the same distance from TEMAC as my place is.

Here's the spot I'm thinking of.  I've been there and it looks perfect.  I'll fly there in the spring to test it out.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.9547378,-79.3229142/44.2155916,-78.8670116/@44.2068268,-78.8975677,13.47z

Wingnutz

Rob, Scugog Float Flyers (SFF) have very limited web presence and to date no one has stepped up to the plate to webmaster...
Your suggested site would work well on all variations of N wind but not so well on S....
I'm still looking for my dream house on Scugog but not much for sale in winter.

Frank v B

So Rob, I love the statement in your opening post:

"my wife and I bought a house on Lake Scugog to satisfy my life long dream to have a float flying lake in my back yard"

Re: "my life long dream"  How the heck did you accomplish that!!  Our wives would say "dream on buddy!"
Could you run a seminar on "how to achieve your modelling objectives and stay married". 
Impossible in my books. ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

Tara has been trying for 25 years to knock some common sense into me.  I think she's given up.

I was as surprised as you are, when she started to go along with the crazy plan.

Andy Hoffer

Those sunsets (and a nice glass of Cesari Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico) must be terribly seductive!!
Very smooth Rob!  ;D

Andy