old scratch build and vintage guillow cessna kit

Started by flying IT, October 29, 2013, 10:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flying IT

As I had stated in my intro I have two planes that I had never finished.  One is a Guillow's Cessna 170 and an other is a scratch build "eagle 50".  Both were designed for glow plug with the c-170 already having the engine installed.

For the c-170 I need to remove the tank and engine.  Finish the tail off, get a cowling somehow, and cover.  Figure out were to put the ESC, batteries, receiver, and type of motor.

The "Eagle 50" is along way off to be finished.  Fuselage and wings are done.  I still have the plans for both.  any assistance/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

bfeist

piker

Am I dreaming, or did I see pictures here last night?

Well, from what I THINK I saw, both planes looked very cool.  The Cessna 170 looks big for a Guillows kit.

We would need to have a better idea of the sizes in order to criticize... I mean... offer constructive input  ;D

Robert

flying IT

wow that was fast to see those pics, LOL.  I had them up for about 2 min but I did not like them so I removed them.  I will be posting shortly

flying IT

here are pics of the Cessna 170

also a link to rcgroups of the kit itself http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1857920

Ededge2002

What's that thing on the front of it?  dare I say its an Enya?  Oh goodness im covering my eyes!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

flying IT

lol
good question, honestly i can not remember,  all i remember, is working on it, in my parents basement and my mom complaining about the smell about the dope for the tissue cover (yes tissue cover) and the engine firing up.

flying IT

here is the eagle 50

bfeist

Gorgeous models! Looks like you have a head start on the rest of us for a winter project.

piker

Yep!  Both look like great panes.  Try to finish them off this winter so they'll be ready for the Spring.  Maybe bring one, or both to the next Pilots Meeting so we can have a better look and chat about your plans for them.

Michael

Good idea from Robert.

Both planes really look good. Bring them to our next Pilot's Meeting, and maybe we can all have fun disagreeing about what components to use, and where battery hatches should go.

Nice airplanes!
Michael

flying IT

thanks

I will bring them and the plans as well.