Harvard

Started by flying IT, October 31, 2013, 11:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flying IT

As I had mentioned in the Canadian Content stream,  I think the next plane to get is a Harvard.  I have done a little shopping for one and have found that there is a few foamy's out there.  The thing I would like to do is repaint it, and put new decals on it.

I am thinking of three different full scale planes to copy, The one at the Canadian Areospace Muuem in Ottawa,  one of the planes used in the newly formed autobatic team, or one of the planes used by a harvard team called Easy Aces.  All the aircraft came from RCAF Centralia (a commonwealth and NATO training base).  This airport is where I learned to fly full scale.

The problem will be how would I do this.

Wingnutz

Richard,
The only aircraft from your choices that I'm familiar with is the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum one.  For paint, Tamiya rattle can acrylic is generally pretty foam friendly. Check with your LHS as some Tamiya rattle can paints are not foam friendly. Tamiya's Camel yellow is pretty close to CATP yellow.
Home Depot will do small jars (1/2litrish) of flat latex for $5.00 if you take them a sample of the colour you want. The paint covers well and is pretty light and foam friendly but you'll have to brush it or thin it and airbrush it on.
If you're modelling a specific aircraft, e-mailing pictures and model or graphic dimensions to Callie-Graphics works for me. Callie is doing the graphics for my recently maidened Cessna Crane as I write and most scale guys use her company and are pleased with the results.
Have fun with your Harvard!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

flying IT