Last Wednesday Evening Flight Training Session This Season IS A GO

Started by bweaver, September 16, 2019, 06:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

Yes this flight training season has flown by. (Pun intended) It certainly has been busy. We have achieved a lot. 

I wish to thank the entire flight and ground crew for making this flight training season so enjoyable and successful.  Each of you have helped to further the hobby and provide invaluable guidance to our students.  I hope you wish to continue to assist newbies well into the future.

Successful Pilots obtaining their wings this year include:

1 Kenny         (Started 2018)
2 Gray             (Started 2018)
3 Mark             (Started 2019)
4 David         (Started 2019)
5 George         (Started 2019)
6 Ray              (Started 2019)
7 Joseph          (Started 2019)

We still have the following students who I hope will continue in the program and obtain their solo privileges and ultimately their wings in the coming new year.

1 Paul Gray,
2 Fabrice,
3 Don Duthie, 
4 William,
5 Gerald,
6 Sergiu,
7 Sergiu's Grandson,
8 Jan

I hope everyone who has participated this year comes out Wednesday evening to celebrate the end of this training season. 

See you Wednesday evening. 

Students arrive early if you can to get in as many instructional flights as possible.  I should be there around 4 ish. I am sure Frank and others will attempt to be there early as well.

Students should also be reminded that many of the instructors and ground crew will make every effort to assist you at other times as well. Just approach them in an effort to arrange a mutually agreeable time.

davidk

Bruce, you and the Flight Team, and the TEMAC members have made this the best summer I've had in many years.  Cheers.

bweaver

Thanks Dave, You and everyone else made it mine as well.

Also forgot the forecast... See below.  Bring a sweater.

Frank v B

I will be there early but have to leave by about 5 pm.... to get to a family dinner.*

Frank

* our son (28) who is in the Air Force is leaving the next day.  He is being deployed to Kuwait for 6 months.:(   He will be in charge of finances for the Canadian contingent of 300 people.  Part of Canada's NATO commitment.
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

@Frank v B Please wish your son all the best with his deployment and say thank you to him for his service.

Frank v B

Frank v B

Bruce,

re: your report on the student program.  I have to add how much I/we appreciated the help with transmitters and programming.  Every time there was an issue, Oscar and Richard to name just two, would jump in and get it done for us.  It is nice to be able to hand an issue to them and they would figure it out somehow.  Clearly this is not one of my specialties. 
Thanks to everyone who helped as ground crew.

Frank

msatin

Well said Dave!
Despite my frustrations (past and on-going - LOL) this has also been the best summer in recent memory.
And it's thanks to this group of people (instructors, ground crew, event organizers, and the rest of the members) who give of their time, patience, expertise and encouragement on a daily basis.
Thanks to all
You never fail until you stop trying

Georgetsigaridis

David, Frank and Mark you have said it very well and I echo every word. This has been a dream come true for me. Thank you to everyone for welcoming me to the club and supporting me from the start but most of all thank you for your friendship.

I have a previous appointment on Wednesday but will try to get to the field for the end of the session.

Thanks to all again
George

sihinch

Shhhhh, don't forget there will be free pizza!!!!!   ;) 8)

Thank you Bruce for another stellar year.  You've inspired many students and many helpers.

And thanks to all the Ground Crew and Instructors. (Hope you have a good dinner with family, Frank. Best of luck to your son.)

So, is it true, it's over?! I guess "Winter is Coming!"  :-\

Michael

That's right!

All 2019 flying students, graduates, instructors and ground crew are invited to have pizza at the field.

I'll be picking up the pizzas, and hope to have them there between 5:30 and 6.

Can someone bring a bucket/tub and ice for the drinks we have on hand?
Michael

bweaver

I'll be arriving early so I can bring a cooler and Ice and get then chilled.

Thanks Michael.

Michael

Michael

Frank v B

Tonight was our last teaching night and the occasion was celebrated.

I had to leave at 5 pm so I missed the dinner and the formal insults.
Just managed to take a few pictures.

59- Glenn pulls out his eggbeater.  Looks like he has a mouthful of Timbits.
60- visitor Kenny and his mom.  He drives by to go to school.  He will drop by this weekend for a free flight on my Apprentice.  I will also test out his RC plane. I notice he has already signed up as a new website member.
61- bribery at TEMAC continues.  All scores are settled with Timbits.
62- Richard answering questions posed by Kenny and his mom.
63- Glenn's vertical eggbeater before its flight.
64- Michael escaped the city early but the phone caught up with him.
65- another Kenny and his leaf blower.

Frank

davidk

Getting late and a bit cool so a few members got warm by the fire.  Nah... that's actually Rob's lighting.  I didn't get the details on the plane... so if you could fill in Rob... thanks.