Kitchener Swap meet Sat Jan 18, 2020- Roll Call

Started by Frank v B, January 11, 2020, 11:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeeFernando

I actually convince Janet to not only let me go, but to join me!... The negotiations included a stop at the Milton outlets after the swap meet...

Although looking at the forecast, wondering if y'all are still planning on going?
-Chris

msatin

I just checked, and Kitchener is showing only light snow until 3:00pm, and then it seems to pick up.
I'll probably decide tomorrow morning
You never fail until you stop trying

Frank v B

Mark and George,

I will be at the Esso station at 7:30.  It is in a residential area (west side of Yonge) so there is street parking.  Let's meet at Tim's and then park 2 cars and take the 3rd car.
Because of the pending snow storm, anyone has the right to back out by not showing up but try to call first.    I will make my decision at 7:00 am and call both of you.
No pressure.  Safety first.

Frank

ps: back to Chris' question "How do Swap Meets work?".  In a storm it becomes better for buyers if fewer people show up.  Sellers have already bought and paid for their tables.  Fewer patrons means the prices will be lower, selection better for those who brave the storm.  Economics 201.  There is a fine line between "bold" and "stupid".
"Never trade luck for skill"

Georgetsigaridis

SeeFernando

-Chris

Frank v B

So the three Musketeers (George, Mark and I) went to Kitchener.  It started to snow when we left in George's truck at Yonge and 401.  It was a fast trip so we waited as 4-6 in the wait line. Adam arrived early as well. Then Chris showed up with his handler.  I talked to the EF-1 boys (Dave, Mike, Rick and Ken Fluney), Rudie from Beeton,  Bill from Erin (Georgetown Club).

It looked like all the vendors were there but buyer attendance was down from last year by about 1/3.  Modelers are not storm chasers.

Bought 3 motors (E-Flite 46 for $10!!), a 24mm Ammo inrunner for $5.00 and a Horizon 15 (Apprentice) for $5.00.  All spun fine and looked bright and no electrical smell.  High probability they are fine.  Best deal.... if you like sticks...... a large Guillow's B-25 kit, box still shrink-wrapped, for $20.00. ($70 plus tax at GreatHobbies)
Oh, forgot- 5 standard size (Warwing) servos for $5.00 (total).  If anyone needs one, LMK.

The ride home was tricky but George got us back safely.

Well worth the trip.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"