Ken Coleman

Started by sihinch, September 21, 2022, 12:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

I'm deeply sorry to say that I learned Ken Coleman passed away on Monday.

Ken was an amazing modeler, a generous friend and talented racer.

Here are some details of his funeral.

https://chapelridgefh.frontrunnerpro.com/book-of-memories/5025471/Coleman-Kenneth/donation.php#First_Visitation

msatin

That is sad news indeed.
Thanks for letting us know Simon
You never fail until you stop trying

Michael

Sad news.

We've lost a truly enthusiastic model airplane builder and flyer.
Michael

Frank v B

Such sad news. 
Ken was an enthusiastic modeller.  He built amazing little indoor foam RC airplanes. 
In Pilot's Meetings his explanations how he made them were hilarious. 
He always downplayed his abilities and enthusiastically complimented fellow members no matter how poorly built our models looked.

In the group masthead photo on the TEMAC website, Ken is in the black Aussie hat in the middle of the back row, two behind Michael kneeling in the front row.  Just to the right of Bill Quantock (second row, yellow baseball hat with a big smile).

Happy flying Ken.  We will miss you.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Autodrome

Ken was an artist, a teacher, master builder, great pilot and friend. He helped me on numerous occasions, sorting out some balsa models that needed work.

Condolences to his family, friends and all who knew him. You will be missed my friend.

Ededge2002

I regret that my condolences come so late but I have to say the modelling community lost a soldier in my eyes. 

Ken was always so talented, full of energy and showed interest in anything that flew.  Always willing to talk of techniques and a master builder in both flight performance and to the eye.

Im sure many will agree that his presence will be missed

Edward
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?