Canadian Content in TEMAC models...

Started by Wingnutz, August 06, 2013, 07:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnutz

Okay, I'm on a tongue in cheek "wave the Canadian flag soapbox". I'm disappointed that so few of the models flying ROGO skies (and the website slideshow) are modelled/marked as Canadian. American and British aircraft are well represented but for a country that should be proud of its aviation heritage, Canadian aircraft are sadly under-represented over ROGO field...a challenge for any of you patriotic miniature aviators.
Thanks to Glenn...Avro Arrow, Jack...B-25 (I think it has maple leaf markings) and Norseman, "the Aurora boys"...various Warwings, Michael CL-415, Simon CF-18 and...
Please post if I've missed a Canadian model you're flying so I will be reassured it's my poor memory leading me to believe ROGO skies are populated with "foreign" aircraft.
Hmmm.....maybe we could do a Canada Day Funfly for Canadian models next Canada Day?
Beavers and Otters with American markings?  :o
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

sihinch

Cough, cough....... 8)

Gregor77

Cough Cough 2..

piker

I like the way you think, Bill.  Yes, we should be flying the Canadian flag as much as possible.  I'll do my best to contribute when I can get some planes built.

Woops.  I guess I should have done a Billy Bishop SE5a.  To bad it's ugly.

Robert

Michael

My next winter project is to be a scale model of a Canadian airplane.

Michael

Gregor77

piker

imran13

hey guys i got this book a few days ago :D it has a bunch of awesome pictures and stuff in it.
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Wingnutz

Okay, time to do more than whine about lack of Canadian content over ROGO...

First, congratulations to Jack and Eric for flying their Norsemans (Norsemen?) at the recent Fun Fly...how Canadian is that? Canadian designed and built bushplane, Canadian paint scheme and Canadian kit!

Here are photos of the models I flew at the recent Fun Fly...all Canadian (Canadian content anyway!)
1. CL-41 Tutor in Snowbird colours...probably the most iconic Canadian aircraft presently flying. This is a new model this year...the old one sacrificed its airframe in the development process.
2. Canadair F-86 in Golden Hawks colours...an iconic Canadian precision aerobatics team from the late fifties and early sixties. Again a new model this year, enjoying its second and third flights at the Fun Fly.
3. DeHavilland Mosquito MK VI in 418 City of Edmonton Squadron colours. Part of an intruder/day ranger squadron from
WWII, THM (aka Black Rufe) was flown by Squadron Leader Bob Kipp. Victories are logged with the nose art.  Again, a new model this year which has survived eight missions including one belly landing when one retract failed to extend.
Did I miss any others from t he Fun Fly?

bfeist

Here's a photo of the real thing I took a couple of years ago
Snowbirds #7

Gregor77

My camel was painted like Roy browns plane. I think he was from stouffville.

Wingnutz

Okay, so I'm back on my Canadian content soapbox again.
First congratulations to Michael for adding to future Canadian content over ROGO in a big way! 82.5" DC-3 in RCAF colours! Very cool!
But, every time I go to the TEMAC homepage and let the slide show play just so that I can see the great photos of some pretty neat models, I'm struck by the absence of a model with any Canadian content...there a a few Canadian jets in the Jets Day photo but you've got to look pretty hard to find them!
Ben, Jack, if we find some decent photos of Canadian TEMAC models is there room for some Canadian content in the TEMAC homepage slideshow?

bfeist

Quote from: Wingnutz on October 27, 2013, 09:38:30 PM
(snip)
Ben, Jack, if we find some decent photos of Canadian TEMAC models is there room for some Canadian content in the TEMAC homepage slideshow?

Absolutely. Do you have any specific images in mind? Drop me a personal message through the forum and we can coordinate.

flying IT

after reading this topic,  I would like now to get a Harvard or AT-6 Texan painted up in yellow. something like this

Wingnutz

Quote from: flying IT on October 28, 2013, 10:36:28 PM
after reading this topic,  I would like now to get a Harvard or AT-6 Texan painted up in yellow. something like this
Great choice Richard! To be Canadian, you've got to start calling it a Harvard!