Speaking of Quadcopters....

Started by thehaze, October 23, 2013, 08:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

A somewhat unusual request but I'm looking for some images and short videos of quad-copters in flight (with both on-board and third person views).

It's for a web design project I'm working on at school. It's a somewhat long story but the coles notes version is that I'm developing a site for a fictional company that is using quad copters to deliver pizzas on and around campus. I'd like to use some images and videos, but I can't use any that aren't original content (so I can't just google them and borrow them from another site). And since I don't currently own a quad. I'm a little out of luck.

If you are capable and interested in helping me out. Drop me a message. I'll even give you pilot credits in the coding of the site. :)

Oh and if the site isn't total crap, I might post a link to it here for you all to laugh at my meager coding skills.

Mike
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

imran13

Sorry Mike, nothing from me.  You might be able to use that video Ben posted in the other thread though, with his permission.
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

gmcnic

I have a Parrot Air Drone 2.0 that satisfied my flying urge last year.
It was great for flying around the park, backyard and checking out the eave troughs and roof condition (saved me from climbing the ladder) until the latest firmware update reduced flying time to less than 30 seconds...argh!!  :'( (That's another story with lots on the web about it.)

It has 720p on-board camera that connects to an iPad/iPhone for recording and are also used as the controller.  I can try booting it up again to see if it will work.

What is your timeline on this?

thehaze

Thanks

I need to have the site complete by the end of November. So I'd like to have the content in the next few weeks.

gmcnic

Ok, Mike.  Let me check it out and I will get back to you asap.

Cheers

Andy Hoffer

John Mackenzie also has a quad.  He flew it at the Annual Fun Fly and did some nice aerials of the field.

Andy

bfeist

I'm happy to help Mike. Do you have an idea of what kind of shots you need? Maybe we can meet up at TEMAC for a "shoot" this weekend if the weather holds up.

thehaze

Thanks Ben.  I'm only free on Saturday.  Right now the weather doesn't look good though.  Let's see how things play out.

Candu

Mike, I have collected a lot of videos from my quad/tricopters over the years, both on board and ground views. Let me know what type of shots you're interested. I can review my hard drive to see if I have one that would be suitable for you.

Frank

Ededge2002

If you need help making an empty pizza box to hover with below a copter im your man!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

Or maybe a beer lift? I'll use any leftovers.

Ededge2002

Simon your a genius!!  The copter should deliver Pizza AND Beer!!!  this could go GLOBAL!!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

gmcnic

All within 30 minutes or free??
I'm in...  let's start a new company!!

Mike-  the weather looks pretty awful tomorrow.
I was thinking to join you and Ben at the TEMAC to see if the ol' quad would fly.
But perhaps there is enough video already taken that you can use.
I have some high flying videos in the park from last year that may compliment what Frank has.

...impromptu Tim's meeting somewhere tomorrow perhaps?

thehaze

Too bad that it would be illegal to operate a drone in that fashion.

Maybe one day in the future hard working men and women will be able to get pizza and beer anywhere, anytime all delivered by a robot that won't care that you are still in your pajamas at 3pm on a Tuesday.

I've got time. So lets see if we can do some flight testing next weekend.

sihinch

I just ordered one of these, to play with in the back yard in winter......

Fairly cheap and seem to get good reviews.  Only small though.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1801759