Your Club NEEDS YOU!

Started by sihinch, October 23, 2016, 06:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Help!

TEMAC could do with your help, please!  If you are IT literate, good with gmail or yahoo mail, and are willing to give about an hour of your time, please PM me!

Every time I send out a Tickler I have to manually add addresses from a list to BCC and then repeat a further 2 times because my yahoo wont send to all members at once since it thinks I'm spamming you.  Plus the email list I have is out of date!

If you think you can help my merging 2 word email lists in to a distribution list for either gmail or yahoo mail, please contact me.  Maybe you even know a better way to send out the Tickler?

TEMAC needs IT help!

Thanks,
Simon

kmandjik

Hey Simon,
For Gmail, if you are using a list of member email addresses then you have to create a CONTACT for each one and then add each one to a newly created Group Distribution list. If the list is from a data file then you can copy - paste each email address into the Contact name/address in Gmail.
Here is a link to step-by-step instructions. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Mailing-List-in-Gmail
There is a limit of 100 contacts in Gmail but with a distribution list, it's all easier to manage.
Give it a try and if you have any questions - send me a note.
Karl