Sailing- Monday Oct 30 2023 2:30- 4:00 Come join us.

Started by Frank v B, October 24, 2023, 06:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Guy is game for a second sailing day Monday, October 30 starting at 2:30 pm.

There will be 2 spare sailboats.  If you don't have one, come out and borrow one so you can do some RC sailing.
Address is TooGood Pond 280 Main Street Unionville.

Come join us.  Please bring some wind. ;)

Frank

ps: in case you are wondering why on a Monday: Guy is retiring Jan. 1, 2024 and has to use up his vacation days.  He is taking every Monday off.... because he can.  What are they going to do?  Fire him? :)
"Never trade luck for skill"

GuyOReilly

I Will be there, rain or shine, hopefully bringing some wind.

Frank v B

Have been working to get two sailboats ready:
1) the 25" boat I sailed last week.  Increased rudder throw, fixed the sail winch to increase throw (added to the horn).
2) the 36" inch boat -all new rigging (stays and shrouds), installed a new HiTec sail servo, changed all the turnbuckles, added a proper boom vang (with turnbuckle). Photos:

30- new boom vang (to help keep the sail's shape as the sail is let out).
32- new turnbuckles.  Purchased from Ken Coleman's estate.
33- new sail servo.

If you can come out, feel free to sail one of these. 
Guy will bring a spare sailboat as well.

Frank

Monday, October 30 2:30 pm TooGood pond, 280 Main Street Unionville (one street west of Kennedy, north of 7).  Note Guy's response to this post "I Will be there, rain or shine."   Same here.

GuyOReilly

I too made improvements to one of my sailboats: New Jib!!   ;D
See you there, rain or shine, with some wind...
Guy

Frank v B

4 boats sailed all at once.

Sailors were Guy, Paul and......surprise visitor Graham McNicol.  There was some wind, spotty and spitty (a little rain ;)).
Good to see Graham there.  He was busy all summer planning... and paying for....his daughter's wedding.  His only job was to walk her down the aisle.  He did it!

Frank

sihinch

GuyOReilly

Also present was Gerhard Steckling who left before the pictures were taken.  He mentioned that he will be bringing a motor boat next time.
Fun time, great banter (pull up, PULL UP!) boats were wet and nobody fell in the water.   ;D

I will be working on a retrieval boat, I found a plan on Aerofred: https://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=92830&mode=search
This should work with an electric motor.

Oscar