Recent posts

Flight Instruction / Re: 2024 training starts next ...
Last post by Noah - Today at 09:16:31 AM
Im going to try to get out there after school, might be a little late but hopefully could get a couple flights in (depends on work in next 2 days).

Noah
Congratulations Dave - It flew beautifully!
General Discussion / Re: Painting Pilots
Last post by davidk - Today at 01:31:22 AM
Herky is installed... and he looks great.

Building / Construction / Re: L-39 Albatross by Planepri...
Last post by Michael - Yesterday at 10:14:45 PM
Successful maiden, but needed some trim and adjustments.

Second flight was excellent! A great flyer!

General Discussion / Painting Pilots
Last post by davidk - Yesterday at 06:05:41 PM
I'm putting together a P-47 Tarheel Hal I picked up from Arden.  As I got it on the bench I noticed the pilot was loose in the canopy... and he was a wretched figure.
I printed a new pilot and prevailed upon Michael for his artistic skills and he sure did not disappoint.
Here's the progression and a comparison of the completed pilot to the original.
Thanks Michael... you're a talent. I might call him Herky after one of the WWII P-47 Pilots.
The original pilot looks like he's scared silly.  The new pilot looks he and P-47 are a great team.
Trading Post / For Sale: Hobbico Nexstar
Last post by PDS - May 05, 2024, 07:25:01 AM
Hobbico Nexstar for sale.  Good condition.

Complete with Spektrum receiver.

EC3 battery connector.

Pick up near Markham Stouffville Hospital or will deliver to club field at mutually convenient time.

Asking $125.00

Trading Post / Smart G2 11.1V 3S 3200mAh Spek...
Last post by GordPayne - May 04, 2024, 01:55:48 PM
I bought two 3200mAh 3S Spektrum Smart G2 batteries last August (2023). Didn't realize they needed special chargers, connectors etc.

I paid $60 each back then. Vendor would not accept for return/exchange.

Never charged, never used. New In Box

Asking $35 for each battery.

Images at:
www.hausofpayne.weebly.com/lipos4sale

If you're interested, I'll be at the club starting this Wednesday May 8th at 5pm for student practice and you can pick up then.
OR, if you're in the Newmarket area, we can arrange local pickup.

If Noah may be interest, please let him know about this post.

Thanks

Gord
Building / Construction / Re: Eclipson Pathfinder
Last post by davidk - May 03, 2024, 10:05:57 AM
Quote from: GuyOReilly on May 03, 2024, 09:31:20 AMLove the V-tail design!

Agreed, if it were not for the twin engines and v-tail I probably wouldn't bother.  Most Eclipson planes have a very similar fuselage and wing design, so they're not that interesting after the first one or two.  But who can pass up a v-tail?!
Building / Construction / Re: Eclipson Pathfinder
Last post by GuyOReilly - May 03, 2024, 09:31:20 AM
Love the V-tail design!
Building / Construction / Eclipson Pathfinder
Last post by davidk - May 03, 2024, 12:20:50 AM
Still working on the PlanePrint OV10 Bronco but may as well start printing another.

This Twin Prop V-Tail is from another good 3D Print plane company... Eclipson.  I'm not as enamoured with their designs because they use a Spiral Vase mode to produce a single wall lightweight print.  The issue is that it's a bit too delicate.  Planeprint uses a single wall but with a 6% gyroid infill which approximates a balsa feel and strength.  But, I couldn't pass up on this Twin.  It's actually an FPV platform and that's not for me but the twin props and v-tail sure look nice.  1800mm wingspan, 2 x2212 1250Kv Sunnysky motors, hand launch.  It's big and it's pretty and it's printing.